How to get refund?

Hey all, I am having difficulty contacting Evernote, which I find really disappointing. Any ideas? I stopped using Evernote last year in favour of Onenote. I have no proof but I'm very sure I requested cancellation last year, but I just got billed again for another full year subscription, ending in May 2023. Normally companies will send a reminder as a courtesy to let you know the bill is about to be charged again. I have gone online again and requested a stop to the plan, but I must pay for the full year. Surely I would at least be given a pro-rata refund for 11 out of 12 months?

I'm just finding the customer service to be non-existent - it really irritates me when companies this big make it virtually impossible. I have used the online email form, but has been ignored. Any ideas on if I'm stuck or not would be great. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Just wanted to check in to see if you got your refund. I know that reminders of auto renewals are required by law in some jurisdictions. They did this to me too (I also am sure I cancelled last year and think I have a screenshot somewhere to prove it), and so I'm looking into the laws where I am. 

• Level 5*
26 minutes ago, ChelseaBeyond said:

I also am sure I cancelled last year

Hi.  If you cancelled you would have gone to https://www.evernote.com/Settings.action and set your account to 'free' and removed the payment details.  All users have the ability to immediately change their account status,  affecting what happens to it when any current payments run out.

On 9/15/2022 at 4:26 AM, ChelseaBeyond said:

Just wanted to check in to see if you got your refund. I know that reminders of auto renewals are required by law in some jurisdictions. They did this to me too (I also am sure I cancelled last year and think I have a screenshot somewhere to prove it), and so I'm looking into the laws where I am. 

Hi, I can't actually remember for sure, which I will assume means I did get refunded. It wasn't a straight forward process though, and they should absolutely be notifying before debiting funds. Good luck.

• Level 5

Anybody in love with subscription reminders (I definitely am ...) should subscribe through one of the stores. No idea for the PlayStore, but iTunes will send a subscription reminder 4 weeks ahead of renewal time. This is enough time to check out alternatives, take an informed decision and if necessary move data.

In case of payment issues the contact is with the store support, not with EN directly.