Synchronization of notes with attachments

For months I've been having Synchronization issues with certain notes created or modified using the Windows client - which is where 99% of my work is done.  At some point these notes simply no longer synch to the cloud.  The best I can tell, it's associated with file attachments... could be pictures, pdfs, Excel spreadsheets, or other.  I don't think it's always the case, but often after attaching or modifying an attached file (open > modify > save) the note ceases to synch. The note in any other client (i.e. the cloud) remains outdated from that point forward; no changes made to the note on the Windows client (simple text or otherwise) gets synched to the cloud.

I first noticed the problem with Evernote version 10.34.4, but it could have been earlier.  The same issue has persisted with each update; I'm now on version 10.38.1.

I've tried rebuilding the database (Revo Uninstall, deleting %AppData%\Evernote) - which is causes days of lost work [that I know of], because it's rebuilt from the cloud with outdated versions of these notes. I've tried to mitigate this by manually reconciling which notes are synched and which are not by comparing note info locally on the Windows client with those on the web or iOS. This is tedious, time consuming, and doesn't solve the problem of getting the latest versions into the cloud. Importing the notes (which appears to only be an option on the Windows client) does not result in the notes making it to the cloud.

I'm frustrated to say the least. I can no longer rely on the integrity of my notes, nor do I have the luxury of seeing my notes in the field (on iOS that were created or updated on Windows client). 

Ideally I need a fix.
Short of a fix I need a better way to reconcile what's synched and what's not - and then a way to get that data into the cloud.

I've had an open ticket with Evernote support for months - have gone round and round and gotten nowhere. They're now not responding at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My User Data:
subscriptionTier: PREMIUM
repackagedSubscriptionTier: PROFESSIONAL
locale: en-US
timezone: America/Chicago
authState: Authorized
pushNotificationsSupported: true
OSVersion: 10.0.19044
CPUType: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz
CPUCount: 8
CPUSpeed: 2.112 GHz
RAM: 31.811920166015625 GB
diskAvailable: 110.98 GB
diskTotal: 471.56 GB
CEVersion: 149.0.18202
conduitVersion: 1.53.0
clientVersion: 10.38.1 ddl
nsyncEntities: Home,Tasks,Calendar,Gamification,LES-SavedSearch-Shortcut,LES-Resources-Upsync
currentNoteCount: 5840
currentSharedNoteCount: NA
currentNotebookCount: 150
currentSpacesCount: 0
currentTasksCount: 437
currentTagsCount: 6161
currentDatabaseSize: 302187522
electronVersion: 17.4.2
  • Level 5*

Hi.  Sorry to hear that you're having such issues.  I'm on more or less the same package - professional / 10.38 - and haven't seen any sync anomalies yet...  Given your subscription level it's difficult to believe you might have exceeded your note size or monthly upload limits,  but it's worth checking your actual usage if you've not already done so.  There's a help sheet* for this situation,  which Support have presumably taken you through... though again it's worth checking that nothing there is applicable.

It's may also be productive to do a little health check on your network connection,  and to tag and copy the affected notes (or as many as you can identify) into their own notebook.  It will be interesting to see how well or how badly the new notebook is treated in subsequent syncing.  If the same situation applies,  can you see any similarity between the notes?  All sourced from the same device / web page / app?  What about opening  a new note on your desktop and copy/ pasting one of the older unsynced versions into it,  ideally as text only;  that would exclude any random but invisible source code issues that might exist.

It's a long task to identify some issues,  but patience and persistence (usually) wins the day...

Don't spam the Support team,  but if they haven't responded in a while,  do follow up your contact there and ask what's happening!

*  Tips for troubleshooting syncing issues

• Level 5

It may be that your local database has received, but not digested a corrupted note or attachment. This can happen, and it eventually blocks the syncing process. You can try this:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote

If you decide to uninstall, use an uninstaller app, not the Windows uninstall option. It will not remove data files from the drive. Next time you install, the corrupted content is still there. A good uninstaller from other forum posts seem to be Revo Uninstaller (I am on a Mac).