Rearrange tool bar

mkennedy

Idea

Problem: Editing and reading tools (eg underling, highlighting) disappear from view when I am working  on a small device or on a small screen.  Formatting tools, like selecting font size, are still visible but these tools are used very rarely. 

Recommendation: Re-arrange the toolbar so that formatting tools  are on the right end and reading and editing tools in the center.  Or let users re-arrange the tools to suit their own needs?

5 replies to this idea

I have a similar request ... I use a few of those functions a LOT, but most that show up on the tool bar in its current arrangement don't show... I always have to click through to perform simple, oft repeated functions. Would very much like to be able to organize a favourites toolbar for my regular work. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, MuYiMing said:

I have a similar request ... I use a few of those functions a LOT, but most that show up on the tool bar in its current arrangement don't show... I always have to click through to perform simple, oft repeated functions. Would very much like to be able to organize a favourites toolbar for my regular work. 

Don't forget the amazing keyboard shortcuts. You might find there is a way of doing it using the keyboard and once you have got the muscle memory it is so much faster.

There is a complete, searchable list in the app, which you can access through:

• ctrl+/ (Windows)
  • Help ->  Keyboard shortcuts
  • the keyboard icon at the bottom of the sidebar.
  • Like 2
On 2/1/2023 at 10:40 AM, MuYiMing said:

I completely agree.  In the latest version, buttons for To Do, Calendar, and AI Cleanup take up precious real estate on the left side of the window.  I don't use those functions and they are of no value to me.  

• Like 1

The AI Cleanup button is one that gives me pause. It's pretty long compared to just a button and it seems like it should be located next to the Simplify Formatting and Remove Formatting buttons at the end of the tool bar since it seems more similar to them in function. I'm hoping they just want to give it prominence since it's new, but then will relegate it to the end later (but probably not)