Evernote Web Client App - has the template option gone?

I have to access Evernote via many computers during the day, without the capacity to download the windows app, so the web app is my go to option.

After the latest update, I can't find a way to add my custom templates to my notes. Am I missing something, or has it disappeared?

• Level 5*

Hi.  Always good to know what device and OS you're using,  and in the case of the web client - which browser. Plus exactly what steps lead you to the issue you're raising.  In this case though do you see "open gallery" when you start a new note?  Try that.

• Level 5

Open the note you want to use as a template in the Web client. Hit the 3 dots top right. Choose „Save as a template“ from the drop down menu.

If the option is greyed out, there is a bug, even on the latest 10.35 release. To work around it, go to the note and apply a „header“ text style to any part of it - can even be a text snipped you add, and set as one of the 3 header text styles. You can reset it right away to standard text again, or erase it.

This little action will lift the greying, and makes saving the template operational.

BTW saving templates is a subscribers feature.

• 1 year later...

The workaround is not working for me, and the "save as template" persists in its grayout dysfunction. 

How is it possible that we're discussing this same bug almost TOW YEARS later?

Does anybody work at Evernote? Why do they allow function to break down so badly, with no fixes?

I need to get off this app, this is absurd.

The templates are still accessible via the iOS version, but the desktop for mac has had this issues persist for years, apparently. And the workarounds no longer work.

Is there any plan to fix these bugs?