Where is the "one big Settings menu" in the windows client 10.35 ?

New to Evernote Windows 10.35

• We're making it easier for you to adjust the app's settings by combining them into one big Settings menu. Click on the gear icon in the sidebar to start tweaking.

I can't find that gear icon in the EN sidebar,  how can I open that settings menu ?

8 minutes ago, BeEfficient said:

yes, windows.

After resizing a few times and clicking on my  account button, it suddenly appears on top of the left sidebar 🙂

I'm glad to have the global settings menu back. I hope they will make some more features configurable now.

• Evernote Expert

The solution is, I think, go to the Home screen. Tap the Customize button in the top right of the window. Then click Done.  I think that will refresh the sidebar correctly.

• Level 5

You can try to reset the local database:

1. Go to the Evernote menu, Preferences, and uncheck „Keep data when leaving“
  2. Log out of EN (File menu), quit EN (cmd-q). When asked confirm "Remove Data from This Device".
  3. If you want to be very sure, restart the Mac
  4. Open EN, log back in, wait for it to run an initial sync. 

If this does not help, contact support.

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

On one of my devices I fixed it by uninstalling completely and reinstalling.

Still no joy finding new Settings icon in Mac client. Have tried the database rebuild and uninstalling (I use the App Store version). Hmph.

I uninstalled the App Store version, then installed the direct download from Evernote, and that did the trick. I forget why at some point in the past I switched to the App Store version, but I think there was a reason. But for now, I have the Settings gear/cog icon. Thank you.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

It makes updating less automatic, but by all other means using the direct download works smoother. For example the sharing option only worked with the direct download for quite a while. And the new releases downloaded directly usually do what is advertised.

• Like 1