Tried to share a notebook for the first time and got a red box with this error. I searched here and saw a few people report it last year, but not much response. Does anyone successfully use this feature? Sharing a page worked fine.

• Level 5

Just tried it between my 2 accounts. No problem, the share was created just fine. I am using shared notebooks, for example with my wife. Seamless, no problem: Drop a note in there, and it is available within seconds for the other party.

Can you tell step by step how you tried to share the notebook ?

• 4 weeks later...

I am having the EXACT same issue as dbvirago.  I am able to share individual pages within my notebook.  But when I attempt to share the entire notebook, I get the same red box with the error text "! Failed to share notebook".  See the attached picture.  Below are the steps I am performing:

1. Open the notebook you want to share.
  2. Click the More actions button (three dots).
  3. Select Share notebook from the drop-down menu.
  4. Enter at least one email address (or select at least one contact) and set the permission level.
  5. Click Send Invitation.

Capture.JPG

• Level 5

No idea how many notes are in that notebook. If feasible: When you select them individually, and try to share, does it work ?

I assume there is a note among them all that (for whatever reason) is blocking the whole operation.

• 1 year later...
  • Level 5*
On 6/18/2023 at 11:26 PM, cokiest said:

I got the same problem of "Failed to Share Notebook"

...A year after the original reports...

New accounts are unable to share for some days after setup to avoid spamming other users.  Free users may run into account limits if sharing.  If you'd like some assistance we need to know more about what you're trying to do,  plus device / OS / Evernote version details.

• Like 1
  • 4 months later...