All business accounts were deactivated without any warning/notification

All my business accounts were deactivated without any warning or notification from Evernote. I don't know what the issue is. When I received a reactivation link, the link wouldn't even allow me to reactivate the accounts and required me to make a new password. When I did that, I received an error. I was able to contact a support person via chat through a free personal account, but they were unable to help with my business account. 

Does anyone have an ideas what when wrong here? Just and FYI, my business account auto-renewed every year. I never had issues with my account deactivating prior to this. It's really getting in the way of business as I can't even access all of the files I had. 

Any help is appreciated.

• Level 5*

Hi.  It sounds like your payment method may have expired and the account was closed to external access as the result of a failed payment.  You do need Support to assist you,  and I'm surprised both that you managed to get through to Chat based on a free account access,  and that anyone you spoke to was unable to help.  They should at least have been able to tell you who to contact to get this resolved.  If you have a support number connected with your chat session,  please post it here and we can try to get someone to contact you - this is a public forum,  so any conversation about payment or account matters is much better dealt with as a support call.

• Like 1

The chat person gave me some links to "reactivate" my account. But the links supplied didn't work for me. The support person was unable to do more and sent a support ticket out for me. I'm posting on here too just in case the support ticket doesn't go anywhere and I was hoping someone here would have a quicker solution than waiting for the ticket to receive a response.

I'm just surprised that I did not any notification that my business accounts were going to be deactivated. I've had them active since 2015. I can't even login to do anything at the moment and am at the mercy of whenever I'll get a response from the ticket. 

And I agree! I was surprised I was able to contact a person via chat.

Ticket # 3491934

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Don’t know how you paid them. A usual fail is a credit card, that goes beyond its registered validity date. Even if the card number and other credentials remain valid, the date will kill the transfer.

My subscriptions are handled through iTunes.

Hey all,

Thank you so much for trying to help me out here. I woke up this morning to an email from Evernote stating that my credit card was charged for my subscriptions. I wish there would have been a way for me to resolve it myself so that I didn't have any downtime with the program, but it seems that it was only fixable through the backend of Evernote. 

I'm still not certain why the account was deactivated, but I'm glad things were fixed and the accounts are working again.

Best Regards team.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...
  • Level 5

Usually this is related to a payment issue, like an expired CC. We are users, only support can help on such an issue.

If you know payment was done, but the account deactivated anyhow, contact support. If the account only slipped to Free, subscribe again. I hold my subscriptions through the Apple AppStore - it avoids payment glitches.

Evernote Support Ticket:

Support as guest:

I did send a support ticket and all i got back was to reactivate the account to update payment method. However the link in the text for reactivating the account is not there.

• Level 5*
On 3/20/2024 at 3:16 PM, egarner648 said:

I did send a support ticket and all i got back was to reactivate the account to update payment method. However the link in the text for reactivating the account is not there.

Hi.  Have you replied to Support asking for the link?