I'd like a keyboard shortcut to edit a note title

• Level 5

When you create a note, the cursor is placed at the beginning of the notes body. Shift - Tab will move It to the beginning of the empty title field, Tab will move it back to the note.

When there is something in the title field already, the cursor is placed at the end. Ctrl / Cmd - A will select the whole title text, case you want to change it.

Good enough ? 

A ghost writer to do the edits for you is missing, sorry for that …

9 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

When you create a note, the cursor is placed at the beginning of the notes body. Shift - Tab will move It to the beginning of the empty title field, Tab will move it back to the note.

Worth also mentioning that if you are elsewhere in the note ctrl + Home (Windows) takes you to the top of the note from where, as you say, you can shift+tab into the title.

4 hours ago, Mike P said:

Worth also mentioning that if you are elsewhere in the note ctrl + Home (Windows) takes you to the top of the note from where, as you say, you can shift+tab into the title.

In the latest EN for windows, I can just shift+tab to the title from any place in the note, no ctrl+Home needed apparently

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, eric99 said:

In the latest EN for windows, I can just shift+tab to the title from any place in the note, no ctrl+Home needed apparently

Brilliant. Well spotted! They should really add it to the keyboard shortcuts.

5 hours ago, eric99 said:

from any place in the note

Just wanted to add one caveat to this... except if the cursor is on a bulleted list or indented paragraph. Then Shfit-Tab will shift you one level to the left first, then once it's all the way to the left, it will go to the title. (This is on both Mac and Windows.)

• Like 2