The image attachment does not open

Maybe someone had such a problem, please help.  The image in the form of an attachment does not open on android.  This is a problem only on the phone.  Everything is ok on the laptop.  Note, that if you insert an image into a note on a full page, then everything is ok.  Attached image problem onlyScreenshot_20220314_174312.thumb.jpg.c280282b6c03de366a9a0e93072b293c.jpg

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There are other threads about this on Android.

There seems to be a bug in the Android client, especially for pictures taken and imported before the launch of the new version 10 apps.

Some reported that saving the picture to the device and reimporting it into a note would help - can't reproduce this because I am not running any Android device.

It's a bug from at least October 2021: 

It doesn't matter in what version or platform the image was inserted. You can create a new note in the latest EN android version and easily reproduce the issue. You can also insert the image in Windows client and open the note on android and you will get the same result. On android images that are inserted as attachment simply won't open at all. I reported this already more than once and only got a "thank you for reporting the issue". Please report it.

Another and different bug is that what @PinkElephant is talking about. In some cases you get an exclamation mark inside the triangle sign instead of an image:

This I think is connected with the notes that were created in older v10 versions.

• 5 months later...

I also have a similar problem in the Windows Desktop application. I have an Excel file attached to a note called "personal.xlsx" and today it shows as "untitled attachment" and i am unable to open it. I checked on iOS and there the file is fine.

image.png.68c977f7254b1478101f31c7987a81d6.png

• Level 5

In this case, I would first save the file from the note on iOS where it is still intact. Then check if it really opens there.

No idea about the rest, maybe ask support.

As a subscriber you could try to go to note history and see if in an older version, the file is still working.