Notes created with a sharable link

Starting yesterday, many, but not all, notes I create with Evernote's Android app are created with a sharable link. 

This is happening on several different android devices. I don't want to create notes that automatically have "Anyone with the link can view."

I am using the most recent version of Evernote available on the Google Play store. 

Does anyone know how to stop Evernote from automatically creating a sharable link?

Thanks.

• Evernote Expert

I'm sorry to hear that you have this issue. It will be no comfort to know that this isn't my experience.

Is try uninstalling the app then reinstall to see if it resolves the issue. Otherwise, you'll need to raise a support ticket from the settings menu in the app.

1 hour ago, agsteele said:

I'm sorry to hear that you have this issue. It will be no comfort to know that this isn't my experience.

Is try uninstalling the app then reinstall to see if it resolves the issue. Otherwise, you'll need to raise a support ticket from the settings menu in the app.

It's a weird one, isn't it? 

I just noticed that the one Android device I have that's still using the legacy version is also sometimes creating notes with a sharable link. 

• Evernote Expert

I'm not sure I can comment on the old app. I don't call it Legacy since it isn't officially supported as an alternative to v10.

If uninstalling doesn't do the trick then you'll need to raise a support ticket.

• Level 5

If I correctly understand the posting, all notes have the option „Anybody with that link can access the note“ activated. 

OK, this is not the expected behavior. You can decide wether you try to resolve it yourself (uninstalling app and data, reinstalling), or contact support.

14 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If I correctly understand the posting, all notes have the option „Anybody with that link can access the note“ activated. 

OK, this is not the expected behavior. You can decide whether you try to resolve it yourself (uninstalling app and data, reinstalling), or contact support.

Yes, that's exactly what's happening: Random notes have shareable links created along with them. 

These shareable links are created from various Android devices.

I have removed all old versions of Evernote from my Android devices (about five) and am running the latest version of Evernote on each of these devices. Today I uninstalled the old version of Evernote from my main phone, installed the latest Android version, and it happened again a couple hours later. 

I haven't been able to figure out a pattern, or how to stop this. Creating shareable links with random notes just started a couple of days ago. 

I'll give it a little while longer; maybe somebody else has had this problem. If there's no solution, I'll contact support. 

On 3/12/2022 at 11:37 PM, Coffee First Thing said:

Yes, that's exactly what's happening: Random notes have shareable links created along with them. 

These shareable links are created from various Android devices.

I have removed all old versions of Evernote from my Android devices (about five) and am running the latest version of Evernote on each of these devices. Today I uninstalled the old version of Evernote from my main phone, installed the latest Android version, and it happened again a couple hours later. 

I haven't been able to figure out a pattern, or how to stop this. Creating shareable links with random notes just started a couple of days ago. 

I'll give it a little while longer; maybe somebody else has had this problem. If there's no solution, I'll contact support. 

I just thought I'd update this: I've tried everything I can think of. I uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote on all my devices. I switched to Evernote Legacy on my Windows PC, then back to the latest Windows version. But the problem persists: Random notes get created with shareable links. 

I'll contact support.

image.png.f716d0a01f12ee2eb99f4bc8e6714982.png

On 3/13/2022 at 11:43 PM, Coffee First Thing said:

I just thought I'd update this: I've tried everything I can think of. I uninstalled and reinstalled Evernote on all my devices. I switched to Evernote Legacy on my Windows PC, then back to the latest Windows version. But the problem persists: Random notes get created with shareable links. 

I'll contact support.

image.png.f716d0a01f12ee2eb99f4bc8e6714982.png

I figured out the problem and the solution: IFTTT was the cause. 

I disconnected IFTTT from Evernote 24 hours ago and I've not had a shareable link created since.

• Thanks 1