Filter including sub-labels

A new feature has been introduced allowing when filtering on the basis of a tag to also include sub-tags.

This feature has been requested for a long time, thanks to Evernote for introducing it.

However, at least in Evernote 10.32.4 on Windows, but I have every reason to believe that the problem is not specific to this version:

The choice between "include subtags" and "exclude subtags" seems to produce the opposite effect of what is expected.

More precisely, I could see that when filtering on the basis of two tags, including the sub-tags makes the notes disappear.

I can add that this is working as expected on web 10.32.4. The tag filtering seems to work too; with top-level tags presenting a dropdown list. Hope this gets fixed for you ASAP as this is a real step forward.

1 hour ago, hpchavaz said:

A new feature has been introduced allowing when filtering on the basis of a tag to also include sub-tags.

This feature has been requested for a long time, thanks to Evernote for introducing it.

However, at least in Evernote 10.32.4 on Windows, but I have every reason to believe that the problem is not specific to this version:

The choice between "include subtags" and "exclude subtags" seems to produce the opposite effect of what is expected.

More precisely, I could see that when filtering on the basis of two tags, including the sub-tags makes the notes disappear.

As always the first course of action when you get odd search results etc on a desktop app is to try the web version. I'd be interested to know what your experience is.

2 hours ago, Mike P said:

As always the first course of action when you get odd search results etc on a desktop app is to try the web version. I'd be interested to know what your experience is.

I should have done that as it is working in the web app.

3 minutes ago, hpchavaz said:

I should have done that as it is working in the web app.

Then I suggest you log out of the desktop version and unselect save data at logout. You can then log in again. This will force the database to be downloaded again and this seems to fix all sorts of search etc problems.

On 3/8/2022 at 2:25 PM, Mike P said:

Then I suggest you log out of the desktop version and unselect save data at logout. You can then log in again. This will force the database to be downloaded again and this seems to fix all sorts of search etc problems.

It worked. thanks.

• Like 1