Sorting tasks inside a note

The setup I'm doing now is having a notebook called "Tasks" with different notes for types of tasks such as "Wedding Planning", "Work", "School", etc.

This seems to be working just fine when looking at Tasks by note. But there is no way to actually sort the notes by Alphabetical Order, Due Date or anything within the note. It just shows me a list with the notes in the same order on the actual note. Is there anyway to sort tasks inside a note?

• Like 2

Not that I know of. I don't get how that could work either seeing as how you could have images, attachments, notes, etc intermingled among the tasks in a note. How would it know how to arrange that other content when you sorted your tasks?

Unless you are talking about something like a separate view of tasks for that specific note in the footer or header area that was sortable?

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Supez said:

The setup I'm doing now is having a notebook called "Tasks" with different notes for types of tasks such as "Wedding Planning", "Work", "School", etc.

This seems to be working just fine when looking at Tasks by note. But there is no way to actually sort the notes by Alphabetical Order, Due Date or anything within the note. It just shows me a list with the notes in the same order on the actual note. Is there anyway to sort tasks inside a note?

It appears to me that this is currently not a feature on the new Evernote app. You can open a support ticket and submit this as a feature request so the team can pass it along to the devs for further review. 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/25/2022 at 4:22 PM, Supez said:

But there is no way to actually sort the notes by Alphabetical Order, Due Date or anything within the note. It just shows me a list with the notes in the same order on the actual note. Is there anyway to sort tasks inside a note?

While you cannot sort WITHIN a note. You can filter by that notebook only and sort the tasks within the same notebook. This can be done using the task pane/view with filtering by notebook. Once you filter by notebook you can then look at filtering by Due Date as well as by Note and the EN My Tasks.

Middle icon on top right.

image.png.7b279a61a0162ab6f0645d98b01ba534.png

Then gets you these options to filter.

image.png.7756f227b152b5fb1c6552fcb4fd99e6.png

Using the Note tab you can notes sort alphabetically.

image.png.c4f1cdffdd65755131f2a9e815ad6c59.png

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...

Big gotcha' for Evernote, a too very instrumental to keeping my life in order. We ---need--- a sort feature at least for a list of text.  Or ... being able to sort a table on contents of a column (tables being an instrumental part of many of my Notes).

It does seem, since code exists in Evernote to create a table, it would seem adding a sort function would be within easy reach for the designer/programmer.

Anyway, thanks for a great tool.

george

It's not been mentioned so I am just making sure that people are aware that you can manually drag the tasks around into whatever order you want. It's not automatic, but I agree with @Boot17 that the mixture of tasks, images attachments etc might make it tricky to do automatically.

I get that list sorting is not a feature YET, due to a lot of criteria this could be based on, and the coding that that requires, but, at the very least, can we at least get "Sorting by task completed"? Not everyone wants to immediately delete every single task they complete, and the ability to quickly push all pending tasks to the top of the page while pushing all completed to the bottom or vice versa, would be extremely helpful. That has got to be extremely simple programming logic (true/false), and should be a simple feature to add.

• Like 2