Note Created, Content Lost

Yesterday, I created a lengthy note memorializing a phone conversation. When completed, I set a reminder. Today I returned to the note and all of the content is gone. The title of the note is there and the reminder remains, but nothing in the body of the note.

I have been a longtime Evernote user and have never had content disappear before. Obviously, this is a very bad situation. Is there a bug causing this? Any way to recover the lost content?

• Level 5*

Hi.  You're posting in a forum thread for the 'old' version of the Windows client.  Are you still using that?  Also was your note typed in the installed client or the web version?  I know of no reason why the content of your note should have completely disappeared - I'd suggest you contact Support.

• Level 5

Are you sure the note has synced with the server ? If the reminder is still there, and if it was added after the text, chances are good it had synced.

Then you may be able to recover the prior version from note history.

It may be a good approach to access support anyhow, as @gazumped suggested.

• Level 5

Note history is running for all accounts, all of the time. Just the access is a subscribers feature.

Now you have 2 options:

• Get a large mug of to-go from your favorite coffee shop, and recreate the note.
  • Invest the equivalent into one month of Personal subscription, and try note history 

There is no guarantee your text is there, but I would give it a chance. Access to support comes with it as well.

• Like 1