Cannot Unshare some Notebooks

Go to solution Solved by gazumped,

I have several notebooks that I am unable to unshare.  They were set up a LONG time ago and shared with employees who no longer work here and email addresses are invalid.  For some notebooks, there is a "Stop Sharing" button at the bottom, which worked to remove all sharing, but for other notebooks (see pic) and notes there is no such button and there doesn't seem to be a way to remove individual people from the share list.  I'm using 10.30.6.  Has anyone else run into this? and is there any solution?

EN_Unshare_Issue.jpg

• Level 5

@tjhokietiger Hmmm - if you do not mind, could you ask support ?

I think maybe there are notes opened and not closed in these shares. This may block the unsharing. But this is only a theory of mine.

However who shares still ownes the notes, and must be able to control access. So maybe support should take a deeper look into the matter.

I was unable to find a way to change the access on those notebooks.  I suspect @PinkElephant was close, perhaps since it was a full share, there were notes created or edited by the other users back in the day and that prevented them from being changed.  Still owner of the notebook should have full control.  

Solution was to used what @Gazumped said; copied all the notes to new notebooks and deleted the notebooks giving me trouble.  It worked like a charm. Thank!!

• Like 3