Importing JSON to Evernote

Hello, I am looking to import JSON files into evernote. These Json files contain notes from another app. I don't want to use that app anymore.

Is there a way I can import these Json files into Evernote? Because Evernote Import function works only with ENEX files (or at least that's what I can see with my unpaid plan).

• Level 5*
On 2/6/2022 at 7:57 AM, Vocab Artist said:

Is there a way I can import these Json files into Evernote?

Hi.  No.

If there's a way to convert these files (or re-export them) into HTML or a conventional document format you would be able to move them across.

On 2/6/2022 at 8:57 AM, Vocab Artist said:

Hello, I am looking to import JSON files into evernote. These Json files contain notes from another app. I don't want to use that app anymore.

Is there a way I can import these Json files into Evernote? 

Hi! JSON is just not enough information for Evernote to know what the file means. JSON just means a sort of tree structure with a certain syntax, it doesn't define any values for keys. 

To the best of my knowledge there is no standardised format for notes. It would be difficult to do, because the structure of the note depends a lot on how the software uses meta information. For example, Evernote has notebooks and tags. Another note taking software may use different concepts for organising.

Your best bet would be to have a look at the evernote sdk and write your own software to import the json files.

• Like 2
  • 1 year later...