Evernote Scannable keeps "looking for document" on ipadOS

I have been happily using Evernote Scannable for the past i don't know 5 years or so. But for the last few months, Scannable has become almost unusable on my ipad.

• Scannable keeps "looking for document". Half the time it never sees the page correctly, e.g., it focuses on part of a book's page. Or it takes so long, I give up.
  • Scannable used to resize and straighten out pages. Now it does that only about 1/3 of the time. Which means I have to go in and crop the image myself, and the text is no longer straightened out for me.
  • Also irritating, every time I open the app it makes me have to Skip through the Introduction.

What is going on? Why did the Scannable app become so bad? Another product rewrite like the larger Evernote? Did they stop using some third party code for scanning? It's such a disappointment. I had stopped using my printer/scanner because Scannable was so much better and quicker. But now, Scannable is almost useless.

How can I submit this as a support request? It seems like Evernote really doesn't want to receive bug reports.

• Level 5

If you use Scannable on the iPad, I assume you use the EN iOS client as well.

Support is in the EN app settings, tab support. You can raise a ticket directly from there.

In Scannable you can use the option in Settings, Extended to record a protocol and send an activity log via e-mail. First open a support ticket from the EN app, then wait for the answer from customer service. With the ticket number in the mail title you can then send additional information.

The Intro should not show again once it was viewed completely one time. In Scannable settings is no option to turn it off, because it should turn itself off. There is only an option to view it again. Another question to support, it seems …

• 5 months later...
  • Level 5*
4 hours ago, wheiser said:

Hi there, 
I've the same problem with iPadOS 15.xx on my iPad PRO ...
Is there any solution for this problem with SCANNABLE ?

See comments above about how to raise a support request...

4 hours ago, wheiser said:

Hi there, 
I've the same problem with iPadOS 15.xx on my iPad PRO ...
Is there any solution for this problem with SCANNABLE ?

Hi @wheiser,

Oy vey, i just checked my iPad Pro which is on 15.5, and it looks like the Scannable “looking for document” problem has returned. I did submit a support request back when I started this thread. It took about 2 months of back and forth with escalating levels of support, submitting files and examples over and over. And then, the problem suddenly disappeared. So they closed the support request.

That’s so awful that the problem has returned. I also see that it appears Evernote on the ipad no longer has the built in scanning function. So my guess is that they changed some code somewhere and stuck the bad code back in. One thing I did notice while it was working was that you have to use Scannable in portrait mode. It doesn’t detect the page if you use it in landscape. 

Maybe if we both submit new support requests, the developers will try to fix the problem? 

Hi mjevernote,

EN for iPad has still the scan function ;-) press the "+ Button" ... but it doesn't work either!
Whether in landscape nor in portrait mode.

So I submitted a support request.

• Level 5

Just tried (iPad Air 5, iOS 15.5, Scannable 2.4, EN iOS 10.34.1):

Everything I can contribute is the fact that everything works: Scanning with Scannable, scanning with the app, both portrait and landscape. The picture from the app appeared right away, the note created by Scannable took a little, maybe a few minutes.

I can only repeat my hint to contact support.