Social Sharing Link to share a website's post into Evernote.

Hello there.

I want to generate a social sharing link to share a website link into Evernote. Could anyone please point me to the right direction to generate a link that shares a website's content into Evernote?

At the moment, I came up with this link https://www.evernote.com/clip.action?url=url-of-a website-post. But this generates an error Oops, we encountered an error.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*

Hi.  What exactly is a 'social sharing link of a website link'?  If you're looking at a website you can share that website link to Evernote (if you're on mobile) or clip it if you're using a desktop.  In both cases you'll have a note with a link back to the website.

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  What exactly is a 'social sharing link of a website link'?  If you're looking at a website you can share that website link to Evernote (if you're on mobile) or clip it if you're using a desktop.  In both cases you'll have a note with a link back to the website.

Hey, your guys at support assigned Alok's questions to my profile. I didn't post this question. Evernote and their support really sucks! Instead of making jokes with what I wrote (you know the one) try to fix your mistakes. 

12 hours ago, gazumped said:

Mr funny guy, please move this question to Alok's profile. He asked the question not me. It is easy to change the names and report as the problem is fixed. 

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, Cihan S said:

please move this question to Alok's profile.

I'd assume you asked this question at around the same time you posted the complaint about getting an incorrect name on your profile.  Your profile has now been corrected and this post was re-allocated in your name,  per 

If you prefer I'll delete this thread,  or you can raise it with Support again.  Your choice.

Why don't you get it that I did not post "Social Sharing Link to share a website's post into Evernote." 

If I am going to contact support every time, what is your use? 

PLEASE MOVE THIS POST TO THE PERSON'S PROFILE WHO ASKED IT. 

• Level 5*

The profile for Alok Shrestha - which is the name shown in your other post - no longer exists,  possibly because Support converted it into your name after you complained the first time.  This post,  having been originally also allocated to that name,  has currently reverted to you with that profile change.  If this is not your query and you don't care to have your name attached,  I'd suggest you simply delete it.  I don't have access to do that.  You,  as the apparent author, do.  Check the three dots menu at the top right of the first post.

Alok Shrestra,  if they exist,  will have to make their own complaint once they work out where their forum access went to...  :unsure:.

Since you ask,  I'm a user and volunteer advisor and moderator on this forum. I can point people in the direction of solutions,  but I don't fix problems for them.

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, MaryCutler said:

I have a quick question. Does Evernote has this option to create a new website for my brand promotion?

You can certainly share a note to anybody with the link. However Evernote is not a website creation app and if you want a full website there are loads of much better tools out there.

• Like 1
  • Level 5

There is a service postach.io that will make a website out of an EN notebook. As I understand it it is mainly directed at creating a blog - each new note will be a blog entry.

You could give it a try.

Personally I think for commercial use you should own the website you build - which is often not the case with such services. When the service closes, if your site is a subdomain of the service it goes offline as well.

• Like 2
  • Level 5*

While - as above - it is possible to share from Evernote (for free!) it is very difficult to get any stats from those pages.  If you need any form of feedback on traffic,  a dedicated web service provider would be a better bet...

• Like 1
On 1/8/2022 at 12:36 PM, Mike P said:

You can certainly share a note to anybody with the link. However Evernote is not a website creation app and if you want a full website there are loads of much better tools out there.

I appreciate your reply here. But I need something cheap and within my budget. I didn't have better experience of it. But site creator has made my task more easier. No experience needed at all. Anyone can redesign his/her website with some basic skills. For more information visit site creator website. 

• Level 5

If on a budget: Hosting a plain website will cost one $ / € a month, with a little space on a shared server and your own URL.

Then train yourself to setup your own website using WordPress. There is a ton of tutorials on YT that explain it step by step. Choose a simple theme, play around with it, but don’t change it. Nice pictures for free, including a commercial license are found at Pixabay or Unsplash.

You need to invest some time, the rest is free. If you need help, there is a huge community around WordPress.

On 10.12.2021 at 12:01, Cihan S said:

Hello there.

I want to generate a social sharing link to share a website link into Evernote. Could anyone please point me to the right direction to generate a link that shares a website's content into Evernote?

At the moment, I came up with this link https://www.evernote.com/clip.action?url=url-of-a website-post. But this generates an error Oops, we encountered an error.

I agree with you so much! It’s extremely annoying and makes this feature  useless!

Example: Share post «Social Sharing Link to share a website's post into Evernote»