Tasks on Android

Hi, I've tried to post on the Android Forum but the board won't allow me, seems this may be the only one I can post in?

If I create tasks from the Windows desktop client they appear as circular checkboxes then when I view from the Android client I just get a "Content not supported this block is a placeholder....." where the tasks should be.

If I create tasks from my Android client then they show on the desktop client but using square check boxes instead of circular boxes.

Any idea how I can get Android to view tasks created on the desktop client?

Windows client 10.25.6-win-winstore-public (179)
Editor: v135.2.17285
Service: v1.42.2
© 2019 - 2021 Evernote Corporation. All rights reserved

Android client 8.13.3

Android system version 9

Thanks

• Evernote Expert

A quick observation while on the run. The Windows desktop is v10 but with Android you remain on v8 since you have Android 9.

Check lists and boxes are very different with v10. What you do on Android will be interpreted by Windows and converted to the Windows app's best guess for what you have created. Similarly vice-versa. 

You will probably not be able to resolve this working with Windows v10. You could switch to the Windows Legacy app which should give a consistent result but you will lose the updates that have come with v10. A few users might say that is no bad thing.

I couldn't possibly comment ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:
Yes, officially from EN, no need to search in muddy waters:

Thanks, appreciate the link!

22 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:
Yes, officially from EN, no need to search in muddy waters:

Thanks, appreciate the link!

• Like 1