How do I disable Tasks, so I only have Notes and can create one with one click?

I will never use the Task feature. It isn't what I use Evernote for. Now I have an additional click on both desktop and mobile shoved in front of my face for something I don't need. Can I disable Tasks in the app so that I can quickly single click add notes?

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Oddible said:

I will never use the Task feature. It isn't what I use Evernote for. Now I have an additional click on both desktop and mobile shoved in front of my face for something I don't need. Can I disable Tasks in the app so that I can quickly single click add notes?

you can do it with zero click : ctrl N

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Oddible said:

Or if you prefer to use the mouse simply double click the + New icon

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Just make It a slow double click. The new note field is right below the „New…“ field. But it sometimes takes a blink to switch from the top layer to the one below.

If you are used to double click fast, it may be too fast in this case.

For a new task you need to move the mouse pointer.

2 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Just make It a slow double click. The new note field is right below the „New…“ field. But it sometimes takes a blink to switch from the top layer to the one below.

If you are used to double click fast, it may be too fast in this case.

For a new task you need to move the mouse pointer.

On windows you can  double click as fast as you like, it always works now 🙂

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...