other similar programs as Evernote

5 years ago I started with Evernote and was incredibly happy with the product, but that's not the case anymore.
On my mobile devices, Evernote is totally unusable. It takes a very, very long time to search and in most situations I give up waiting.
I have downloaded all the notes so they are on the phone (Off-line mode) but it does not help
My mobile is one of the newest and fastest, so that may not be where the problem 
Are there alternatives to Evernote on the market as the application is unusable from mobile devices and as I found the development of new functional features a rarity I would like to spend my money on something that works

• Level 5

On iOS EN v10 works - 3-4 seconds from starting the app until the Home dashboard is open. This on relatively new hardware (2-4 years), slower but still completely usable on aged devices (2014, 2015) that still run the current iOS version.

Search is equally fast - free text search for a single word 2 seconds, 37 hits.

Offline search is +/- 1 second as fast, another single word, Enter, 204 hits, done.

From my view v10 is today the best EN client we ever had on iOS. It still has room for improvement, like improved offline search in attachments and the still missing Apple Watch app. Plus better iPad functions, widgets for iOS, the ability to open more than 1 note at a time etc.

I assume your mobile device is not running on iOS …

About features and changes: EN introduced with v10 a lot of stuff that did not exist before on the mobile platform. With Home and Tasks they introduced 2 completely new feature sets for all platforms. On average we get a new release every 2-4 weeks. I don’t know where you see „the development of new functional features a rarity“ - this is probably the last thing to claim about how EN is moving. Indeed we now have users asking for a slowdown of new releases …

About alternatives: There is not the one and only alternative. It depends on your use cases and on your platform and other apps you want to employ. Define this first, and then you can come back to ask specific questions.

Yes I do not have an iphone with Android.

There is a reason why I am writing this post and it is solely due to search function and the time it takes to open the app on my mobile devices.

Do not know why it takes so long to search through my notes whether they are online or offline and can it be solved my biggest problem is solved.
It is in the editor that I miss development, common functions such as ancerpoint and the most common functions which today are in many editors.

• Level 5

With search no idea. Maybe log out, dump all app data, clear the cache, uninstall, restart the phone and then reinstall.

After logging into your account, let the app open in a good network to allow the initial sync to run undisturbed. It is this sync that builds the local search index.

All this is theoretical, since I don’t own any Android device. But it is a fact with all v10 clients that corrupted data can cause all sort of trouble.

15 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

About features and changes: EN introduced with v10 a lot of stuff that did not exist before on the mobile platform.

And forgot a lot of features in  the Windows and Android platform

• Level 5

I doubt they forgot anything.

What they have done was switching to agile development methods: Release a core product, and then beef it up with many smallish, fast release cycles. What is not there yet is either communicated to be gone (see the initial release note for v10), or will show up one fine day.

This method has one downside: Existing users (especially those who see themselves as power users) will be among those hardest hit by the new versions release.