Vital notes disappearing from app

Hey,

I’ve been having trouble with disappearing notes these past few days. Previously there has been a delay and the notes reappeared one by one. 

However today I made some very important text notes on my iPhone in the app, saving regularly, and they disappeared. Even now when I write a practice note and save it, it drops off the list of notes.

Could someone please advise.

James

• Level 5*

Hi.  Notes don't generally disappear randomly.  Sign in at Evernote.com to see what notes exist on the server,  and check your devices to see whether they have a different set of notes.  It's possible I guess that you created a note on one device and when you look on another that note does not exist because one or both devices have not been syncing properly with the server.  

These Forums are mainly user 2 user - subscribers can raise support queries here - https://help.evernote.com/hc/requests/new and Free users here - https://twitter.com/evernotehelps (or use the feedback option in the mobile client). 

• Like 1

I recently upgraded my iphone and all my evernotes disappeared. Everything was backed up and restored perfectly from my icloud with all my other apps. I checked the web version as well as checked the trash but i cannot find any of my past notes, all are gone. Please help urgently!

• Level 5

EN content is not backupped on the iCloud. It is stored on EN own servers. So first rule: Don’t panic, your notes are where they have ever been.

To me it is not clear what you want to tell when you say you „upgraded your iPhone“. Got a new one ? Installed a new iOS version on an existing iPhone ? Upgraded the EN app ?

Since it is not clear what you did, we can’t advise.

• Evernote Expert
On 11/14/2021 at 5:01 AM, AstraBabb said:

I recently upgraded my iphone and all my evernotes disappeared. Everything was backed up and restored perfectly from my icloud with all my other apps. I checked the web version as well as checked the trash but i cannot find any of my past notes, all are gone. Please help urgently!

It is VERY common that new accounts are created in error when starting a new device. The new account will, of course be empty. You should check you are using the original username and password. If you are then work with sorry but opening a ticket.

On 11/14/2021 at 11:01 AM, AstraBabb said:

If you don't deleted your all files from the trash then you can reactive from there. 

• Level 5

Now we have 3 answers, but no reply. Either it was not that urgent as it was declared, solved itself without feedback or somebody decided to do a little digital detox …

We will see if this cliffhanger gets resolved - stay tuned into this station !

On 11/15/2021 at 6:41 PM, PinkElephant said:

EN content is not backupped on the iCloud. It is stored on EN own servers. So first rule: Don’t panic, your notes are where they have ever been.

To me it is not clear what you want to tell when you say you „upgraded your iPhone“. Got a new one ? Installed a new iOS version on an existing iPhone ? Upgraded the EN app ?

Since it is not clear what you did, we can’t advise.

Original email address and password were used so I am in the original account. I switched phones from the iphone x to the 13. 

On 11/16/2021 at 4:25 AM, agsteele said:

It is VERY common that new accounts are created in error when starting a new device. The new account will, of course be empty. You should check you are using the original username and password. If you are then work with sorry but opening a ticket.

I am logged in to my original account, no new account was created, I checked my trash and evernote web, still nothing

• Level 5

Access to support is a subscribers feature - as support costs money.

For me the wrong access data was the most likely explanation.

If this is excluded, you can only try to access your account settings. Check the devices page: You need to be down to 1 registered device to be allowed to add the new iPhone. If for example the old phone was not unsynced, it may block access for the new one.

10 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

If this is excluded, you can only try to access your account settings. Check the devices page: You need to be down to 1 registered device to be allowed to add the new iPhone. If for example the old phone was not unsynced, it may block access for the new one.

Understood - i just checked that. My only registered device is my new iphone. 

• Level 5

Then there is a clear contradiction: In a post above from Sunday you said you checked the web version, and nothing was there neither.

If you did, the web client would count as a device in your devices list - it is counted as such since last year. I am on a subscription, but the devices logic is the same. When I go to my devices, I see the web client there as well, together with all other devices.

This leads to the conclusion that indeed we are talking about 2 different accounts here, one probably created by accident, the other one holding your notes.

Log out of ALL devices, and when logging in make absolutely sure you use the correct login data for the account where your notes are saved.

On 11/17/2021 at 9:49 PM, PinkElephant said:

I'm also confused about your issue here.