Android app slow, almost to point it has become disfunctional?

When will there be an improved App for Android? One problem is speed. When I want to move something to a different folder, it sometimes takes more than 30 seconds, before the app shows me the existing folders. Then, when I tick the folder and want to press "done" (or what it is called in English, I'm using the German version) I have to retry up to 20 times, because the app does not respond.

When I share a clipped picture, the app now regularly doesn't accept it the first time around and closes the procedure. I must clip and share it again, only then it works.

Pictures are slow to load, app closes regularly just like that, there are dozens more things. 

I've already tried de- and reinstalling. When will the app improve?

Hi! this is a user forum. There is also a forum section for Android and the new Android app. 

Many people have said that the new app runs slow on their devices. It is a problem i personally have never had: the app runs snappily on my phone. Up till now we haven't found a reason why some people experience a slow app and others don't. 

@ehrt74, this may be so. 

I am using the app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. However, before evernote's big update this problem did not exist. Also all my other apps don`t have problems like that.

So I tend to think, I it may be something a better app can fix. I am not one to usually complain about something like this. But it shouldn't be so hard to give someone in the company an Android device, then see how almost disfunctional the app has become and then to find out, what to do about ist. (But I'm a judge, not a programmer so I might be too naive).

I get a new version for my windows device every other week, but the app for my Android tab does not improve.

14 minutes ago, ThorstenF said:

@ehrt74, this may be so. 

I am using the app on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. However, before evernote's big update this problem did not exist. Also all my other apps don`t have problems like that.

So I tend to think, I it may be something a better app can fix. I am not one to usually complain about something like this. But it shouldn't be so hard to give someone in the company an Android device, then see how almost disfunctional the app has become and then to find out, what to do about ist. (But I'm a judge, not a programmer so I might be too naive).

I get a new version for my windows device every other week, but the app for my Android tab does not improve.

I imagine they test on a number of Android devices. If they tested on mine, for example, they would see no performance problems. Whatever the problem is, finding it is proving difficult.

Have you tried contacting support?

@ehrt74, no not yet.

I have now tried to use the app on my phone, which I usually don't use for Evernote. It's a a Samsung S20 Ultra, so - in comparison - a rather swift phone.

On my phone - for instance - I only have to press "done" when trying to move a note 2 oder 3 times, not 15 times like on my tab now. But still, shouldn't the app require only to presse once, when the button is green?

Maybe it's a problem concerning mainly Samsung devices? But Samsung is a mayor player and Evernote an important app for many. Should be fixable....

2 minutes ago, ThorstenF said:

@ehrt74, no not yet.

I have now tried to use the app on my phone, which I usually don't use for Evernote. It's a a Samsung S20 Ultra, so - in comparison - a rather swift phone.

On my phone - for instance - I only have to press "done" when trying to move a note 2 oder 3 times, not 15 times like on my tab now. But still, shouldn't the app require only to presse once, when the button is green?

Maybe it's a problem concerning mainly Samsung devices? But Samsung is a mayor player and Evernote an important app for many. Should be fixable....

I used to use a Samsung S20 plus and Evernote v10 worked quickly on it. It might have something to do with the number of notes or number of notebooks or largest number of notes in a notebook or some such. For example, i have "only" 1400 notes and most are relatively short.

Just now my evernote on android doesn't sync at all.

the last note in there is Nov 8.

the latest note I created is just today in my desktop and web app is doing well.

there are 4 notes created from Nov 9 and today.  but the android app doesn't have it.

I tried editing something on my android but that note I edited didn't show in the desktop and web.

so it is clear that the android app is the problem here.  

I already tried clearing cache yesterday. 

I tried pushing the sync button but it just make the loading animation forever. 

Today I tried logging out. And it doesn't make me log out too. Haha

Finally I cleared all data. 

And it works.

• Level 5

Usually a sync problem is related to a piece of data that got stuck, and blocks the process.

The ultimate step is to uninstall the app, shut the device down (which cleans out the RAM memory as well), restart and reinstall. Just for „next time“ …

Good you got it solved.

• Like 1

I also use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, with similar issues. I open EN and it freezes, no idea what's going on. If it's syncing.. then there's ZERO notification that it's doing that.  I usually have to force-close the app and restart it to get anywhere. Trying to use search is horrendous, it's soooooo slooooooooowww. I use it for recipes in the kitchen, but it's a real pain lately because of theses issues, I might as well go back to printing recipes!

Equally annoying, using the < button on the tablet to exit the app does not work anymore. I have to go to the tablet's open apps screen and close EN that way. 😡

7 hours ago, DianeT said:

I also use a Samsung Galaxy Tab S4, with similar issues. I open EN and it freezes, no idea what's going on. If it's syncing.. then there's ZERO notification that it's doing that.  I usually have to force-close the app and restart it to get anywhere. Trying to use search is horrendous, it's soooooo slooooooooowww. I use it for recipes in the kitchen, but it's a real pain lately because of theses issues, I might as well go back to printing recipes!

Equally annoying, using the < button on the tablet to exit the app does not work anymore. I have to go to the tablet's open apps screen and close EN that way. 😡

Make the note or the whole notebook public. 

And convert the link to QR code. Stick the QR code in your fridge.  This way you don't rely on its app coz you can view it on your browser. 

Been doing this on my plastic storage bin. Putting everything in a note so I don't need to open every bin to find what inside.  Every bin has QR code.