Can't delete notes or pictures!

I have some old notes in Evernote ,Windows and Android, that I'd like to delete, but I can't find how to do it. Naturally I searched for advice. Trouble is, the advice does not work.

To delete a note in Windows, Evernote Help says;

WINDOWS

• The new Evernote for Windows
    1. Right-click the note you'd like to delete.
    2. Select Move to Trash from the options list.
    Older version of Evernote for Windows
    1. Right-click the note you'd like to delete.
    2. Select Delete Note from the options list.

I've done done the right click thing multiple times, but DELETE is never shown as an option, so that isn't an option

Similarly, for Android (my cell phone and tablet), I'm told;

The new Evernote for Android Open the note you'd like to delete. Tap the More actions button (three dots), then select Delete note. Older version of Evernote for Android Open the note you'd like to delete. Tap the options button (three dots), then select Delete note.

Tapping the three dots does NOT yield DELETE as an option. 

What am I missing?

In a couple of notes, I'd like to delete one photo, but I similarly can't find out how to do that.  Any help would be appreciated.

These are my own notes. I don't do any note sharing.

Selecting a note brings it up , but hitting DELETE does nothing unless the cursor happens to be on a line of text in which case, it deletes the next character after the cursor

• Level 5*

Hmmn.  If these notes are in a specific notebook,  could you move all the other notes in that notebook to a temporary home and delete the notebook?  If that works you could recreate the notebook and move the rest of the files back...

If you select one of these notes and view the details,  is it showing an assignment to the correct notebook?

Try emptying the trash notebook on this account / signing out of the app / restarting the device and log back in. 

• Level 5

If this does not work: It may be the notes were corrupted already a while ago - you write they are pretty old.

You could try to get at them on the web client.

Or try this on Windows, and after it repeat the attempt to delete one of them:

1. Go to File > Sign Out [name] from the menu bar.
  2. Select the "Remove my Evernote data from this device" option, then click Sign out.
  3. Restart your computer.
  4. Sign back in to Evernote