I can't edit my tables

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Em 14/10/2021 at 22:06, PinkElephant disse:

Tables can be added and edited in the (new) web client, no problem.

But the thread owner should tell what he wants to do, not throw a stone into the water to see what happens. "Edit tables" is a wide field of possible actions.

Options for adding and removing colls and rowls do not exist in the web client. How can I edit if I am the owner?

• Level 5

No need to edit - I show you how to do it. Because it is not perfectly clear from the video what I did, to add a column or a row I simply clicked / tapped on the Right / bottom edge of the existing table. To remove a col / row, I place the cursor in a cell of that row / col, tap on the downward arrow and choose „remove selected row / col“. Because I did it on the iPad, the soft keyboard keeps popping up. If you do it on a desktop, the keyboard will not always interfere.

• Like 2
6 minutos atrás, PinkElephant disse:

No need to edit - I show you how to do it. Because it is not perfectly clear from the video what I did, to add a column or a row I simply clicked / tapped on the Right / bottom edge of the existing table. To remove a col / row, I place the cursor in a cell of that row / col, tap on the downward arrow and choose „remove selected row / col“. Because I did it on the iPad, the soft keyboard keeps popping up. If you do it on a desktop, the keyboard will not always interfere.

I can do exactly these steps and I can edit my tables on my smartphone. All table editing options are available. But, on the desktop, there is no option to edit. Thanks for the help and the video, for now I do the edits on the smartphone, it would be more convenient on the desktop, but it's not possible.

• Like 1
  • Level 5
  • Solution

OK, desktop challenge. This is on my MacBook Pro, BigSur 11.6, Safari browser ver. 15.

Works, and by seeing the blue + sign it is even easier to follow what is going on. The + shows by itself when moving the mouse pointer over it.

My conclusion: I don't know what technology EN uses to build the animated web client. But maybe something on your Linux desktop or in Chrome (maybe a popup blocker, or similar) is blocking it. So it seems to me this is more an issue for support than for the forum (which is user2user).

• Thanks 1
27 minutos atrás, PinkElephant disse:

OK, desktop challenge. This is on my MacBook Pro, BigSur 11.6, Safari browser ver. 15.

Works, and by seeing the blue + sign it is even easier to follow what is going on. The + shows by itself when moving the mouse pointer over it.

My conclusion: I don't know what technology EN uses to build the animated web client. But maybe something on your Linux desktop or in Chrome (maybe a popup blocker, or similar) is blocking it. So it seems to me this is more an issue for support than for the forum (which is user2user).

Woww! Yes, this is an Issue here, I don't have these options. But in the app for Evernote in the Linux OS also this not exist. I'll try in other browser and I'll report this Issue. 
Maybe it's because of the OS. Thank you very much for help!!

• Like 1
  • Level 5

@gazumped Hi, this is the past: Behind the blue + in the v10 editor is the option to create tables, and then there are options to edit them if you tap into the table (any cell will do). Works on mobile and web as on desktop.

The only restriction I am aware of on mobile is that you can’t set the column width manually.

The square brackets to create a table work as well, if enabled in settings. 

Picture from my iPhone, EN iOS 10.19, symbols for add row/col, delete r/c, fill, top/center/bottom align, 3 dots for more:

39827841-12C7-4572-AE9C-CE6D5BA53A0E.thumb.jpeg.0bc34e366a15a55a995347508b7013e7.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Level 5*
36 minutes ago, gazumped said:

if you type "[][][]" without the quotes, you'll get a 3-column by 1-row table which you can then edit to add rows and columns as necessary.

Oh that blue plus!! - I'm going to delete my previous post which was clearly the result of temporary insanity,  and posted by someone just pretending to be me - and go find a nice hard desk to bang my head against...  :wub:

1992945557_ScreenClip3.png.c247f55335d80fc37ee9d135bb1e1ca2.png

• Haha 2
On 10/16/2021 at 11:54 PM, Alex_wheeler said:

I can do exactly these steps and I can edit my tables on my smartphone. All table editing options are available. But, on the desktop, there is no option to edit. Thanks for the help and the video, for now I do the edits on the smartphone, it would be more convenient on the desktop, but it's not possible.

Hello! Are you on the newest Evernote Web client and not on the legacy version? I use Evernote on Chrome OS a lot and i can see options to edit a table just as PinkElephant has shown. I'm on 10.22.3 at the moment and using the new editor (on the bottom right is a field where you can select the version of the edit window you want to use).

• Like 1