Note with a lot of tasks not staying checked (reverse checked grocery list)

I tried to see if putting my grocery list as a set of tasks would work, and I'm having problems. The note was previously a checklist. I replaced every checkist item by Inserting a Task right there. Then I checked it off. The idea is that if I need an item, I will UNCHECK it, causing it to then appear in the Tasks area.

However, after doing that, it keeps on its own unchecking items. Maybe I have too many? And the Tasks bar shows many, many duplicates, many of them unchecked. It's like it can't handle so many tasks.

Unfortunately, it was bringing my entire Evernote system down. I feared corrupting it and losing Evernote, which I depend on heavily so carefully removed every task from that note, and then deleted the note. I'll have to work on it another time when I am able to make regular backups of Evernote.

Over the weekend, I initially liked Tasks. However, I also run an older copy of Evernote on my computer too, and can see Tasks doesn't work with it. And my fear of corrupting the Evernote. I also see that Tasks doesn't work for my wife, who has a free subscription. I currently use Any.do for personal tasks and will consider whether or not to switch to Evernote.

I use Microsoft To-Do for work, which is the best.

• Level 5
4 hours ago, Beartooth said:

Using Evernote as a task manager is a joke for me. Their are many, many task managers out there.  Any of them would be better with my use cases.

I also use Microsoft To-Do. Use it with the ios Fantastical calander app on your iPhone.  It is exceptional i think, because I use it.

Thank you for posting. I just added a few words as a reminder that the world is not turning around your belly button.

• Like 1