iPad lags compared to iPhone

I have a fifth generation (2017) iPad. It seems like everything - starting the app, opening a note, redrawing the Home Screen, showing the calendar - takes  many seconds to complete. I often see the spinning wheel indicator when opening a note.

I suspect part of the problem is that offline Notebooks never seem to get downloaded. Though I have it set up to download all Notebooks, they never seem to get completely downloaded. I also have to wonder if any iPadOS specific tweaks have been made, or if the iPad just runs the same app as the iPhone.

Does anyone else see these issues? Is an iPad from 2017 just to old to run v10? Certainly Evernote runs just fine on my current generation iPhone. But using it in my iPad, it's the slowest app I have.

• Level 5*
6 minutes ago, ObviousBob said:

I suspect part of the problem is that offline Notebooks

Are you experiencing problems while running offline  (without an internet connection)
Offline Notebooks would only cause an issue if you were running offline

13 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Are you experiencing problems while running offline  (without an internet connection)
Offline Notebooks would only cause an issue if you were running offline

No, I always am connected to WiFi. Just guessing at what the problem is. 

• Level 5

Is the iPhone downloaded ? I think the issue is more that the transistor count of a 2017 iPad (especially if it is not an Air or a Pro) is much smaller than that of a current iPhone.

For a full download, do this:

1. Check when you will not need the iPad for several hours. I do it over the night.
  2. Go to iOS settings, display & brightness, and set the autolockscreen  to „Never“
  3. Open the EN app, and keep it open. When the offline notebooks are already selected, there is nothing more to do than keeping it the active app, the app in the foreground. Only this app has unlimited access to resources. Once in the background, the download link would be severed within minutes by iOS.
  4. Now put the iPad on a charger. Lower the screen brightness to a minimum using the control center, but keep EN in the foreground.

My full download took 3 nights to run through. Since then it updates changes while I use the app, no problem with this.

A final hint: If you ever log out of the client, the offline data will be disconnected and lost. You need to download again.