When attempting to open an attached PDF file in Adobe Acrobat, I get a message stating "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found."

I am using Windows Desktop app version 10.18.3.

When attempting to open an attached PDF file in Adobe Acrobat, I get a message stating "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found." Similarly, if I save the same attachment using Save As to Windows, the resulting file is unreadable.

When I try these same actions, for the very same note & attachment, using legacy Evernote, the attachment opens right up. Save As work fine, as well.

Something is not working right. any suggestions?

On 8/13/2021 at 2:00 PM, Jwrayburn said:

I am using Windows Desktop app version 10.18.3.

When attempting to open an attached PDF file in Adobe Acrobat, I get a message stating "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found." Similarly, if I save the same attachment using Save As to Windows, the resulting file is unreadable.

When I try these same actions, for the very same note & attachment, using legacy Evernote, the attachment opens right up. Save As work fine, as well.

Something is not working right. any suggestions?

Same problem. New computer (PC), new app with 10 years of notes. I cannot open pdf files. Here's the error popup 

image.png.42a0900866f38a1654e40ea4dd2459c2.png