New Version Constantly Logging Me Out

Sometimes a new version of something breaks what was working reasonably well before. And sometimes not everyone needs new features and maybe there ought to be a way for the user to decide to accept or opt out of certain features. Particularly those with low bandwidth connections. 

I have not "restarted to accept the new features", yet I'm being constantly logged out of Evernote even though I always check "remember me for 30 days". And Evernote Web Clipper is even worse, every time I need to clip an article, I am now required to sign in and wait for Evernote to recognize my sign-in.

Is this a bug or is this to be the latest feature going forward (or should I say backward)?

This certainly is an unwelcome nuisance.

I hope it is a bug that will soon be addressed.

Thank you.

• Level 5*
4 minutes ago, DreamWeaver2500 said:

Sometimes a new version of something breaks what was working reasonably well before. And sometimes not everyone needs new features and maybe there ought to be a way for the user to decide to accept or opt out of certain features. Particularly those with low bandwidth connections. 

I have not "restarted to accept the new features", yet I'm being constantly logged out of Evernote even though I always check "remember me for 30 days". And Evernote Web Clipper is even worse, every time I need to clip an article, I am now required to sign in and wait for Evernote to recognize my sign-in.

Is this a bug or is this to be the latest feature going forward (or should I say backward)?

This certainly is an unwelcome nuisance.

I hope it is a bug that will soon be addressed.

Thank you.

Hi.  Don't believe any of that is happening to anyone else (or at least I've not seen any other complaints).  If you've upgraded but the software is requesting a restart,  maybe that's a good first step?

• Level 5

If you have low bandwidth, I would say better use legacy. It works off a local database and has manual sync. Downside is no new features, the software is frozen.

No idea what you describe. Works for me. Without a better description ( you don’t even mention about which sort of device and client we are talking) help will be difficult.

Make sure you run the latest version, and if you were asked to restart to run the latest version, you better do.

@gazumped

Thank you.

I must apologize for being extraordinarily unclear in my original post.

(First off, have I posted this in the correct forum or is there a "bug forum" I should have posted to? If in the wrong forum I do apologize.)

As I am on a Chromebook, everything I do in Evernote is done on the Evernote website. 

For people on a Chromebook, you don't restart to add new features as there is no downloaded programs on Chromebook.

I have no choice about the version I use, it is the one on the website and that would be the latest version.

After Evernote announced the new version, there was a message (on the website version) about "restarting to accept the latest version".

I have "restarted" Evernote numerous times by force of being logged out and having to log back in. There's no other way to restart when you are on an online site, other than log out and log back in. That was done by force of being logged out of Evernote numerous times now since the new version change.

My most recent login there's no longer any message about "accepting new features". 

So we'll see. 

@PinkElephant

Thank you. To clarify, I'm on a Chromebook, latest version of Chrome OS. The Evernote I access is the Evernote online website which rules out "Legacy".  

• Like 1
  • Level 5

Well, there are settings on the web client as well. Log in, go to your Account pages:

In Account Overview there is „Evernote Web“. You can switch to the old (legacy) version there.

In Personal Settings is a position „Web Client“. You can toggle v10+ on and off there, when on the new client in the prior setting.

Maybe you try to play with these settings. I don’t know whether it helps, but these are the options, including legacy, sort of 😉

I'm experiencing the same logout problem. Seems like every time my Chromebook goes to sleep the web client logs me out. I'm using my Google ID with Evernote and I'm staying logged in on my Chromebook, so it must be something to do with the Evernote cookies? Looking for some setting to truly "remember me for 30 days".

@PinkElephant

Thank you! I was not aware of that and am extremely glad to know legacy might be a possible option for a Chromebook user such as myself.

The good news is that since my last past, my issue of being constantly logged out of Web Clipper and the Evernote website seems to have resolved.

Again I want to thank you and @gazumpedfor your kind responses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1