Completed Tasks

• Ex Employees

We're currently looking into how to better manage completed tasks. That might include an option to archive completed tasks (maybe after X days). We're also looking into options to bulk select/delete.

• Like 7
13 hours ago, Scott T. said:

We're currently looking into how to better manage completed tasks. That might include an option to archive completed tasks (maybe after X days). We're also looking into options to bulk select/delete.

@Scott: While we're on the subject of bulk select/delete, can you please remove the limit of 50 notes or tasks? Unlimited multi-select is absolutely required when reorganizing tags or notebooks. This is one of the main reasons that we still need  legacy EN

• Ex Employees
9 minutes ago, eric99 said:

While we're on the subject of bulk select/delete, can you please remove the limit of 50 notes or tasks? Unlimited multi-select is absolutely required when reorganizing tags or notebooks. This is one of the main reasons that we still need  legacy EN

I just checked on this and we have active work going on to improve the performance of bulk actions within the core client code. This needs to be completed before we can change the UI to support >50 notes at a time. The performance issues are why there was originally a cap set.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, Scott T. said:

I just checked on this and we have active work going on to improve the performance of bulk actions within the core client code. This needs to be completed before we can change the UI to support >50 notes at a time. The performance issues are why there was originally a cap set.

Thanks! Glad to hear that active work is going on to improve performance of bulk actions 🙂  I already assumed that performance issues were the reason, but for me, unlimited selection even with poor performance is still better than a cap set...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

I’m confused. I am running Evernote on an iPhone and I swear that completed tasks used to automatically disappear from the task list. If I’m not mistaken, this function disappeared at the same time that the default task list gained a new announcement at the top of the list explaining that this is the default list and what that means. 
Am I crazy? Didn’t the app delete completed tasks previously?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Good day to all.

The conversation about the ability to do mass deletion of (completed) tasks dates here August-September 2021. It is now February 2022.

It is very inconvenient to work with tasks.

Question: Why is there still no improvement?

On 2/15/2022 at 2:52 AM, Oleg Rau said:

The conversation about the ability to do mass deletion of (completed) tasks dates here August-September 2021. It is now February 2022.

It is very inconvenient to work with tasks.

Question: Why is there still no improvement?

Dude - that’s only 5 or 6 months. There are better feature requests than this that have been waiting longer. Please get in line! 😉

• Haha 4
  • 9 months later...