Evernote causes system reboot on Windows 11

Hi, 

This problem occurred for the Evernote PC version - the latest version for Windows as of today.

Today Evernote started to trigger hot-plug events for my monitor. I hope that's the correct technical term to describe it. Sporadically (but happens once or twice every 5-10 minutes) it causes the display to disconnect/connect again for no reason. Windows also gives a notification sound as if I am unplugging/plugging a USB device. Then after half an hour, when I wanted to maximize the application window, it caused a system reboot.

This is the event log after the reboot:
"The previous system shutdown at 17:41:56 on ‎01/‎08/‎2021 was unexpected."

At first, I thought that maybe there is a problem with my Windows 11 installation as it is still in Beta preview. However, I don't have any problems with the other desktop applications but only Evernote. If I don't start it, I never have those issues. After launching the application and editing my notes, in a few minutes, it starts.

I switched to the Evernote web version but wanted to give feedback about it as the technical team might want to check it. 

BR

• Evernote Expert

Definitely a support ticket but since you ar at the bleading edge of the OS it might be too much to expect that Evernote 10, itself a work in progress, will always play nicely with an OS in beta. The tech support guys will definitely want to get things going in time for the public release of Win 11 so a ticket may well assist them.

• Like 1