Need ability to add tags to tasks

MissArdbeg

Idea

• Evernote Expert

The best way for this is to create a note for the task or set of connected tasks.  Add the tag to the note.

There is no means of adding tags to tasks since the intention of Evernote tasks is make a note actionable.  I'm not aware that there are any plans to change this.

Thanks AGSteele. I think what many of us want is the ability to tag task rather than notes so that you can add a context to each task. For example in a Note you may have six different tasks eg phone Bill, Email Florence. develop plan with Sid etc Many people want to group phone calls, meetings, visits etc and tags attached to tasks would facilitate this.

• Level 5*

Both tasks and tags are a note component, so a note tag could also be considered a task tag.  It would then be helpful if Evernote added a tag filter to the task view.  I think that may add what some folks are looking for.

On 6/4/2021 at 1:38 AM, MissArdbeg said:

In order to be able to view tasks by context without removing it from the project (= note) it would be great to have tags for tasks. In addition to that I would like to group them by Tag in the tasks view. 

Fully agree and this would be a boost to use Evernote for all people applying GetThingsDone (GTD) approach. 

Evernote is fantastic in terms of:

• Capturing
  • (OCR) search

The addition of tasks feature was a big pro to come back to Evernote. But moving tasks from notebook to notebook to classify action (as e.g. next action office or next action at home or waiting) is toooooo much friction in workflow.

I would love to see the option to add a tag to a single tasks  (with the option to filter for tags, so that I can quickly check my next actions once I am in an office).

I worked with OmniFocus 4 and Things3 and the workflow for next action is so quick. 

• Level 5*
16 minutes ago, Eric79 said:

But moving tasks from notebook to notebook to classify action (as e.g. next action office or next action at home or waiting) is toooooo much friction in workflow.

If you put one task each in its own note, would you need to move the note?  Couldn’t you just update the tag?

1 hour ago, s2sailor said:

If you put one task each in its own note, would you need to move the note?  Couldn’t you just update the tag?

As of now I have 1 notebook for a project with project related notes. The first note is the Project Management note, in which I store the tasks to be accomplished to get the project done (often 10+ taks). As of now you are saying I should have at least one note in each project, in which I separate the very next action for the project and adding a tag to it, right? I will check workflow friction. Thanks for now ...

Side note: The feature request is still valid in order to further reduce waste of time in Evernote for GTD workflow 

10 hours ago, Eric79 said:

I would love to see the option to add a tag to a single tasks  (with the option to filter for tags, so that I can quickly check my next actions once I am in an office).

Like this? Here are my current tasks classified "blue". The use of a text expander to easily access the emojis I use , makes this method really easy. 

image.png.ccf02a171726f18a9a3c3363c5ba0332.png

• Like 1

Thank you for your thoughts regarding tags allocated to tasks. What an ingenious group you are. Despite all the wonderful ideas and work around, I still favour being able to tag to an individual task as it seems the most straightforward solution from a user point of view.

This is a beautiful idea to just add an icon to a task ... great
💼 ...  (for next action office)
🖥️ ... (for next action computer)
🏡 ... (for next action at home)

As of now I still need to filter manually in tasks section of Evernote ... A Dashboard filtered summary for e.g. all next action office is still missing, but thank you.

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Eric79 said:

A Dashboard filtered summary for e.g. all next action office is still missing,

I completely agree. I do not understand why the tasks widget on the desktop has no means of controlling which tasks are displayed and the order. It just picks up the order from the My tasks tab of the task view but with no filters

Agreed, GTD enthusiasts would benefit greatly if tags could be assigned to individual tasks. Fingers crossed Evernote/Bending Spoons are listening in to these conversations

I am currently using e.g. Next Action notes in my Next Actions Notebook (notes starting with a dot . so they will appear at the top of my Tasks' notes list - refer to screenshot on my iOS device). 

image.thumb.png.9ad896dec5ba585202f53628dd4e5f2e.png