Is it safe to move to 10.x yet?

• Level 5*

They can be installed at the same time.  There is no harm in giving it a try yourself.  Everyone has different use cases and will have different thoughts.  Best to give it a go yourself.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, s2sailor said:

They can be installed at the same time.  There is no harm in giving it a try yourself.  Everyone has different use cases and will have different thoughts.  Best to give it a go yourself.

What is the procedure for doing this? I assume do not "upgrade" from 7.14 but download separately from Evernote website? Anything to be aware of re issues doing this double install?

• Level 5*
10 minutes ago, DavidD said:

What is the procedure for doing this? I assume do not "upgrade" from 7.14 but download separately from Evernote website? Anything to be aware of re issues doing this double install?

It has been a while since I've done this, but I would suggest you download the new version from the Evernote website and I believe it will see your current installation and give you options to select from there for them to co-exist.  As a precaution, it never hurts to do a backup first, especially if you use local notebooks.

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, DavidD said:

What is the procedure for doing this? I assume do not "upgrade" from 7.14 but download separately from Evernote website?

Install the Legacy product from https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote   
This installs the app named "Evernote Legacy" (we can"t have two apps named Evernote)   
It also does't auto upgrade to v10

14 minutes ago, DTLow said:

Install the Legacy product from https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052560314-Install-an-older-version-of-Evernote   
This installs the app named "Evernote Legacy" (we can"t have two apps named Evernote)   
It also does't auto upgrade to v10

Thanks. Just to confirm: 

Is the legacy app v7?

So Install the legacy app and then upgrade my current v7 to v10?

• Level 5*
53 minutes ago, DTLow said:

As I recall, you can change the name during installation.  At the time, I wasn’t sure what had changed in the “legacy” version and instead wanted to use my current installation.

• Level 5

@DavidD Yes

A word of caution: I did this quite a while ago, so maybe some of the fine details escaped my memory yet, and the apps may have changed meanwhile. Then there is the issue with local notebooks. I never used them, but if you have them, they require a special treatment, because they are not supported in v10.