Need passcode lock for Windows 10 machines

I have used the passcode lock on my Android phone for a long time, but there is no such lock available for Windows 10 machines.  If I lose a laptop, I very much need to have Evernote Personal protected by its own passcode.

It seems that if a passcode lock can be present on phones and tablets, it should be possible to have such a lock on Windows machines.  I have asked for this repeatedly over a number of years, but never had an answer. It would be a very valuable addition to Evernote and would greatly increase user security on laptops which are used outside the home or office.  

Thanks for considering this!

• Level 5*
18 hours ago, colocoug said:

It seems that if a passcode lock can be present on phones and tablets

Laptops are protected by user accounts which require a login.  Evernote also requires a user name,  password and 2-factor confirmation.  It's a simple keyboard command to lock the laptop,  and a couple of mouse clicks will sign out of Evernote.  2FA counts as a passcode.

Set up two-step verification

• Level 5

To make sure nobody can use information from a stolen laptop, there are measures to be taken on the laptop itself. Among them are

• Split your account into 2, one for day to day, the other as only admin account for installations
  • Enable a strong admin account password, if possible „Windows Hello“ for the other account
  • Encrypt the hard drive - every PC has this option
  • Do not allow to start from an external device, like an USB stick (make sure you remember your password, because it will lock you out as well)
  • Protect the security settings by a BIOS / UEFI password (and again remember it well)

The usual thief will not try to break through this, too much trouble and too little knowledge. They will usually dump protected devices, or break them down and sell the parts.

• Level 5*
On 7/29/2021 at 8:02 PM, colocoug said:

If I lose a laptop, I very much need to have Evernote Personal protected by its own passcode.

Evernote is likely not the only app you use that has personal or sensitive information.  If your concern is theft, you should work to protect the laptop and not just the EN app.