How to set default tags and notebook for incoming mail?

Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

I'm trying to move my important mail to EN. Nice that I can use the mail-address set by EN for this.

The mail is now entering in a notebook ("Refs" and not the default notebook) and adds tags (.migrate) to the note created for this mail. Since I don't use any of the #@ symbols in the title,  I expect the incoming mails to be sent to the default Notebook (in my case _Inbox) without any tags.

Therefor there is a place where I can set these preferences and probably did, however not by experience or knowledge of EN. 

Where are these preferences set??

• Level 5*

Hi.  In Evernote,  Notebooks and Tags are set by the @ or # symbols you mentioned.  If your current emails are being received elsewhere than the default notebook,  another setting,  somewhere has got in the way.  Save emails into Evernote

It is possible to re-sort emails once received - I use Filterize (https://filterize.net/) to tag and send emails to different notebooks depending on keywords in the body and title.  Other automation apps like Zapier may be able to do something similar.

• Level 5
  • Solution

@AndreS1967 Go to your account settings and disable „Auto-Filing“. It is a function that tries to guess where to file incoming mails. It may work good with structured input, but with normal mails IMHO just spreads them around.

Here is a description of what to do:

https://help.evernote.com/hc/en-us/articles/360051765793

• 1 month later...

Setting a Apple Mail Rule seems a bit complicated and I would like some input for how or where one adds the Notebook designation @ sign or the Tag designation # sign in the Mail>Preferences>Rules>add @ or # to a subject line? Modification of a subject line seems not to be allowed by the Mail Rules preferences...

• Level 5

I am not sure about it, but I don‘t think you can add the necessary parameters to the mail subject line by a mail client automation.

You probably need to add them manually, which includes using shortcuts to reduce the typing.

To use the EN „autofiling“ feature did not really work for me - it distributed the mails everywhere.