The Google Calendar integration not working ...

Just launched today with a splash screen telling me about the "Personal" thing and the Google Calendar integration. Went to integrate from Evernote to Google Calendar, open browser window, connect to my preferred Google account (there are several stored but went for the standard one) and it's stuck. Error within Google as displayed:

"Something went wrong Sorry, something went wrong there. Try again." message with a NEXT button.
Button leads to a screen that just says: "400 That's an error. The server cannot process the request because it is malformed. It should not be retried. That’s all we know."

Do I need to make the Gmail/Google account the one that's linked to my Evernote? The one I use for Evernote is NOT Google. This should be made clear if that's the case. Or, even better, let me link Google Calendar and not make me link my Gmail account to Evernote. I should be able to have Evernote paid for and managed by whatever email account there is and not be locked in, IMHO. Seems like a nice feature but needs to, uh, work. 

• Like 2

I get:

"Oops, We encountered an error.  Sorry, we encountered an error while loading this page. Please try again later, or contact Evernote support for assistance."

This is after signing in to Google and approving the permissions.

envernote.jpg

21 horas atrás, JodyW disse:

I get:

"Oops, We encountered an error.  Sorry, we encountered an error while loading this page. Please try again later, or contact Evernote support for assistance."

This is after signing in to Google and approving the permissions.

envernote.jpg

I got the same  :(

27 minutes ago, chad.nuesmeyer said:

You have to remove all other Google connections, then connect calendar. Then re-enable all the other connections.

You got it!

I had just figured that out myself. In a last ditch effort, I removed Google Drive and tried again and low and behold .. it worked. I then went back and re-attached Google Drive. All is good now. Support doesn't have a clue yet .. at least not the tech I talked to.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! How do you do this? If it's through "Account Info" --> "Connected Services", then I did this. The only connected service I had there was for signing in using Google. I even disconnected it and tried to connect Calendar first. Same error is popping up. Confused and frustrated... ((((

• Level 5

Evernote! Why? Why? Why don't you learn from your past?

When I saw the possiblity of connecting my Google calendar with Evernote, I started thinking about upgrading from Legacy EN to the current version.

Then the problems started appearing in this forum with silence from EN. Thank you to the other users who came up with possible workarounds: remove all other Google connections, then connect calendar, then re-enable all the other connections. And EN support does not seem to be aware of the problem or the solution.

I'll continue to sit on a safer spot with Legacy EN and wait until there is a ground swell of support for the new version. (EN has sent me down this dark rabbit hole more than once in the past).

• Level 5

It makes no sense to repeat what everybody with your count of posts should know: The forum is user2user, EN staff will usually not comment on individual problems here, and support has a learning curve as well, which may lead to a lack of off-the-shelf solutions when a new feature launches.

EN is not launching a new feature, knowing there are these 3 bugs, and let support sort it out. You may be the first one running into a specific problem, and support needs to sort it out together with you. After this has been done, the next users will profit from it. For you it may be a less positive experience.

You could spare us the pointless ranting and reduce your post to the real information for your fellow users:

If you have a problem connecting to your Google calendar, remove all other Google connections, then connect calendar, then re-enable all the other connections.

All the other words you tell just cover up this valuable piece of information.

Just my opinion …

• 1 year later...

First, try these common fixes

Make sure you're connected to the Internet.
Check that you're using the Google Calendar app.
Check that the calendar is visible.
Make sure new events are being added to your Google Calendar.
Make sure Calendar sync is turned on.
Confirm that the correct calendar is synced.

This may help you,

Rachel Gomez