Why did Evernote upgrade to 10.x from 6.x on one machine but not on another machine? And I didn't want it to go to 10.x

On my home computer with version 6.x, I got a notice on it that a new version with something about import folders feature. I updated and notices it upgraded to 10.x. A completely new version. I didn't expect this. I wanted to stay on 6.c. The notice should have been clear that the upgrade is not a minor upgrade but it's going to upgrade to the brand new version of 10.x

I have another computer on 6.x and that computer never got the same notice. Even when I check for upgrades, it says there are no upgrades available. What the heck! What is this mess .. Evernote? Either you upgrade both or don't upgrade both and you want to upgrade to 10.x, be clear that this is your intention.

If I find any issues with 10.x, I am going to downgrade to 6.x.

• Level 5

@abdu Whoever knows how your own computers are set up ? If you get the update notice only now, you are late to the party anyhow.

The old clients will try to update from time to time. You have to remember this, or it happens what has happened already.

The legacy client will never update.

You can install legacy and v10 side by side. But in your case I won’t do it, because you would be consuming one of your total 2 clients for each client you install.

This means as well you likely need to uninstall v10 on the upgraded computer before installing legacy. You may try if it works without, but probably not.

22 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

@abdu Whoever knows how your own computers are set up ? If you get the update notice only now, you are late to the party anyhow.

The old clients will try to update from time to time. You have to remember this, or it happens what has happened already.

The legacy client will never update.

You can install legacy and v10 side by side. But in your case I won’t do it, because you would be consuming one of your total 2 clients for each client you install.

This means as well you likely need to uninstall v10 on the upgraded computer before installing legacy. You may try if it works without, but probably not.

What do you mean the legacy client will never update? I just said it did. I assume by legacy client you mean version 6.x.
If the legacy app never updates then there will be a lot of users who will be on 6.x forever unless they know that there's a new version and go to download it manually.

If I get a notice on one of my two 6.x clients and only now, surely it's Evernote's fault. Evernote has bugs. 

• Level 5

No, legacy is a special client. It is codewise identical to the last release clients for Windows 6.25 or Mac 7.14, but it is set to an „eternity“ status. It will not try to update, and to make it stand out (or less so) it boasts a grey icon instead of a green one. If you have legacy and v10 installed, you know which client you are going to open before you click it. They could have chosen pink instead of grey, for a small license fee …

You post just shows that you don’t know. The only true statement I found is „EN has bugs“ - what a surprise ! Every software has bugs …