Hi - files attached to notes do not open in my mac EN app. Nothing happens when I double-click, or click and choose "Open". This holds for all file types. EN does show pdf files in-line, and I can download and open separately, but it is a big nuisance to have to do that tens of times per day.

I have EN Mac 10.16.7, and have had this problem for some time, already in earlier versions.

Thanks for help!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Level 5

The „open inside of EN“ still does not work. I think what works is to right click the document and choose „open with“.

Or save the file to disc, and open it from there.

Disclaimer: Can’t look it up on my Mac at the moment.

41 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The „open inside of EN“ still does not work. I think what works is to right click the document and choose „open with“.

Or save the file to disc, and open it from there.

Disclaimer: Can’t look it up on my Mac at the moment.

Thanks - the "open with" would have been good enough but is not available in the right-click menu, unfortunately. "Save As" and open externally works, but is too cumbersome to be done all the time.

I have the same problem in EN for Windows.  It has become a huge nuisance trying to save various project files and then having to download them to open them.

Is Evernote even listening to us?

• Level 5*
1 hour ago, cwp101 said:

I have the same problem in EN for Windows

Please re-post the in the correct forum with details of your Evernote version and the file type(s) causing your issue.