Set copy of text with links to default to the link ULR rather than an embedded video

When I copy 10 items with links in them, it expands the link into embedded videos which is annoying and time consuming because I have to click on each video and change it back into a link.  I just want a simple copy and past, not convert to embedded video.  Evernote is horrible on fixing these types of problems so don't hold your breath.

• Level 5*

Hi.  What device and Evernote version are you using,  and are these Youtube links you're pasting?  Short term work-around might be to use a text or a word-processing app on the device,  and paste into that document,  then attach the file to a note.

• Level 5

This is not a bug, it’s a feature …

Many users were quite impressed with that new capability. But there is a downside with the new features in EN v10: EN staff seems very convinced about them, and settings to turn certain features on and off are not implemented (yet ?).

Personally I don’t really care, as long as the link is preserved. Most embedded YT-videos stay as they are, in the rare cases where I don’t want it I deactivate it manually.

• Like 1

A feature to one person is a not to another.  When introducing new features, your should be able to be turned on and off.  Preferably you would activate them and the default would be the same way it used to be.  I have to spend a lot of time clicking and turning all the embedded videos off.  This is a note program and I do a lot of copying and pasting and it is a real time waster.   Vendors should not force people into doing more work.

• Level 5

Users choice is a nice idea.

First it needs to be implemented. EN is still making up for lost features, maybe they simply want to cut some corners.

Second it means another code to be executed initially on each command „if setting is ON then do A Else do B“. EN is already struggling with speed / lagging.

3rd I think they took a close look at the settings of the legacy clients. Probably it is a vocational but small group of users who really change settings.

Let’s wait and see.

On 7/2/2021 at 8:08 PM, rjory said:

When I copy 10 items with links in them, it expands the link into embedded videos which is annoying and time consuming because I have to click on each video and change it back into a link.

The only way I know of circumventing this is to manually create the links. This is probably as much work as going into the vedeo preview and changing it to a link. For the record either of these work on Windows. The shortcut method or the markdown method. I assume you just want the link to appear as the url but you can have whatever text you want.

ctrl-K <tab> ctrl-V <enter> 

OR

[](ctrl-V) <enter>

(You do need the regular brackets around the url