Evernote for Android 10.12 release notes

• Level 5

Hi All,

Here are the release notes for Version 10.12:

New

• Stability and performance improvements.

Fixed

• Fixed an issue where images would occasionally display blank when trying to edit them
  • Fixed an issue where cropping tool was placed too high, making it difficult to tap
  • Fixed an issue where sharing icon was not always displaying correctly in notebooks
  • Fixed an issue where signing out and back in would sometimes take longer than expected

Hi Shane,

Please look at the comments at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.evernote . I'm a long-time user of Evernote and have over 4700 Notes. I've been very happy with Evernote generally, but have had some problems lately, which I contacted Evernote about and tried to work through the issue. No solution was found however. Apparently I'm not the only one having problems. Long time users of Evernote are still having major issues with the Android app since this update on the 24th of June 2021. Long-time users who used to give this app a high rating are now giving it the lowest rating of 1 star and uninstalling it! I'm in Australia and have the latest Android version available of 8.13.3. It seems that upgrading to a newer version is probably going to make my Android app unusable, so I am thinking I may need to look to using an alternative like OneNote if the bugs aren't fixed soon. Please reply and give Evernote users hope that the once great app will get fixed. Thanks.

• Like 6
Guest David R

I don't have this latest version available in Australia at the moment. I believe they slowly release it around the world in stages, rather than the whole world at once. 

Hi. Long time user here of Evernote (10years +). My app now crashes each loadup (on latest Android version Xiaomi Redmi note 8 pro).

I've cleared cache. Same result. About to uninstall reinstall because I anticipate this will be the first suggestion.

My issue is major disappointment with the constant tinkering, new features. I can handle new stuff, layouts etc. Not at the expense of reliability, crashing, trying to reinvent how we use it each major update.

If a user needs to continually consider troubleshooting steps because the app is broken then we will leave. Why such lack of attention to the small stuff with your loyal long time user base?

I think it's this latest update that opens notes slowly (it used to be near instant open) and in "View Only" mode. Very, very bad. 

PLEASE get this fixed promptly. EN was great years ago when it was FAST. 

I also miss an explicit 'Sync' button, which gave me confidence my quick update was safely stored. 

I'll give this situation a couple weeks, and then I'll start looking for something else to fill the function EN used to fill. 

So sad ... EN was a friend for years. Perhaps it's time to move on(?). 

• Like 2
  • Evernote Expert

The 'View Only' problem has been acknowledged and, presumably, a resolution will be forthcoming. The mobile apps do have a sync option in the Settings menu. It shouldn't be necessary to sync when online but the menu option does allow you sync if you've been working offline and regain an connection.

• Like 1

This is a super annoying bug that needs to be resolved immediately! One workaround I've found works some of the time is to open my note directly from the notebook and not from the shortcut list or pin. Maybe this will help some until they push a new release. 

• Level 5

Meanwhile 10.13 was released. EN itself said they have not fixed this read-only bug with the new release.

I have tried 10 randomly picked notes on each of my iOS devices after installing 10.13. Not a single one was read only.

So maybe it was solved by other optimizations.

• Shane D. unpinned and unfeatured this topic