Ability to add notes/comments within tasks (i.e. contact information, details, etc)

MYSECADA

Idea

Ability to add notes within tasks (i.e. contact information, details, etc)

And/or be able to link a task with a corresponding note.

Edited by MYSECADA
Additional idea
  • Like 9

9 replies to this idea

I would absolutely love to be able to add information and details within a task. I use Tick Tick at the moment and have been looking at the new tasks feature in Evernote and love it except that I need to be able to add details and info within a task. I won't be able to completely switch over if that isn't a feature that will be implemented

Thanks!

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Theday1smine said:

@PinkElephant, the user would like to place a note inside a task. They likely don't care what the "current idea" is.

@Theday1smine I am sure @Milesd does not need you "explaining" what he would like.

It is the way the function works......you can place tasks anywhere within a note multiple times if required...or have one note with 1 related task etc. If a "user" wishes to place a note inside a task use another application.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And then continuing this, I'd like to be able to add a task to a note that is in a task. (I'm just kidding people -- that's tongue-in-cheek.)

EN has mentioned that they are working on additional task functionality and I'm looking forward to that.

I think the way Evernote implements tasks is a lot different from other task managers that we are used to. Usually, the task is the "highest" level object and you add notes, checklists, and/or subtasks. With Evernote, the note is the "highest" level object (not including notebooks and stacks) and you can already add a ton of information to the note right below or above your task. However, the problem is if you move your task to another note, your adjacent notes don't carry with it (making the move task unusable if we put notes below a task). You also can't see that adjacent note information from the task view without going into the note. And you can't open the corresponding note in a new window (on Desktop) from the task view either. (Thus, it would be nice to have some additional notes and/or metadata with the Task.)

To sum up: (1) Evernote task management is a different paradigm and (2) still lots of room for improvement (which EN has mentioned they are working on improving it).

• Like 3
On 4/21/2022 at 11:33 AM, RobertJLee said:

@Theday1smine I am sure @Milesd does not need you "explaining" what he would like.

@RobertJLee. Nope. My explanation is totally needed. You and Pink Elephant do not know what a "feature request" is.

The both of you are trying to tell the OP why they shouldn't want the feature they requested.  

The OP made the feature request. That means they want a feature that currently isn't there. 

Trying to tell someone why they shouldn't want something—in an SAAS product—is... kind of crazy.

• Level 5

🤪

Good enough ?

We are users, forum members, and within the code of conduct we are free to express ourselves.

Beside this my comment described only the fact how the tasks feature is integrated into EN - and why it is fundamentally different to a tasks manager that allows to add notes to tasks. Anybody can ask for anything. It obviously decreases the likelihood of an implementation if it goes against a conceptual design principle. Which I think is totally fair to point out in a discussion about a feature request.

And now @Theday1smine - what is your contribution to this discussion, beside talking about what others should do or don't ?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Theday1smine said:

@RobertJLee. Nope. My explanation is totally needed. You and Pink Elephant do not know what a "feature request" is.

@Theday1smine Actualy , speaking for myself I don't realy care- I use EN , am happy with it as it is having tested it before paying for it i.e checking current features - I am happy to suggest features if they are made available great, if not decision time continue or leave. All users have same choice- free users I would suggest have to take it or leave it.🤡

• Like 3