Create a new note working V10

• doctorkeo changed the title to Create a new note working V10

I've tried - File - New Note

- Ctrl N

- New Note from the Green drop down box

All of these produce a turning green circle which lasts for maybe 10 seconds and end without creating a new note

Doc

• Level 5

Probably this is something support should take a look, including the activity log. I am not on Windows, but the Mac client is a virtual twin, and working without a problem.

I assume your install is corrupted, but this is a shot in the dark. If this is the case, it means uninstall completely (using a tool like Revo uninstaller) and reinstall, using the direct download from evernote.com.

• Level 5*

As @PinkElephant says - unless you have a bad (slow) internet connection or are connecting through a work firewall,  this is not expected behaviour. Support's first advice would likely be to uninstall / restart / reinstall anyway,  so you could get the jump on them by doing that AND reaching out to support if the issue continues...

• Like 1

Hi - Thanks for the suggestions - I problem does seem inconsistent, as New Note was working first thing morning, and started fail after adding a few notes. I had a couple of days ago completely uninstalled EN with Revo - I'll do it again and reinstall - I can't say I've had much success with EN support, with the last 'solution' was sorry EN 10 doesn't work for everyone please try 6.25

I do have a reasonable directly wired 30 meg connection - which I have little problems with.

Doc

• Level 5

When hitting a malfunction, you can try first to quit the app - not only close it by the „X“, but really quitting through the menu option. This will terminate the background processes as well, including the process that is blocking things. The „X“ closes the app in the foreground, but keeps the framework alive - which you can see when opening the task manager.

On restart things get usually sorted out by itself.

In any case it would be good to send a support ticket when this happens - because it is for sure not the „expected behavior“.