Evernote opening Shared with me on startup

Every time I fire up Evernote, it opens into "Shared with me" folder, not into home screen or anywhere else. I never use Shared with me.
Has anyone else encountered this bug?
Windows version, 10.15.6

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
41 minutes ago, gazumped said:

Hi.  Try quitting the app - File>Exit (Quit?) from the main menu - when you have the Home screen visible.  Then restart it.

Hello, it works, after I quit from home screen by File->Exit then after starting it loads home screen. But then when I exit app normally by "X", the app opens into Shared with me again.

I have the same problem. But then Evernote has been a mess for the past few months. Nothing is resolving my issues including uninstallling and re-installing and contacting support - which didn't seem to understand my simple explanation. I've given up and am just dealing with it.

16 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

You don’t exit the app when hitting close.

Check it out in the task manager - the app keeps running, it is just not visible any longer.

About why it opens in the other view I think you should ask support.

Yeah, but then why after not closing but minimizing to tray it opens into Shared with me folder...

I'm experiencing the same issue with the app in Windows 10 desktop.  If I close Evernote using the Close Window X, when I reopen from Taskbar shortcut or Start Menu it briefly shows the Home screen and then jumps to Shared with Me, no matter which tab I was on before closing.

If I exit the program fully (File --> Quit Evernote), when I restart, it opens and remains on the Home page.  This is behaviour that came with v10.15.6 I think as it wasn't doing this beforehand.

I am experiencing the exact same problem. If I do File -> Quit Evernote it works fine and opens back up to the last page I was on, but if I close out using the "X" button or even try opening Evernote a second time (when the Evernote window is already open) it jumps back to the share with me page, a page I never use and never clicked on.

• Level 5

Go to EN settings and remove the checkmark at “Keep data at logout”. Then log out of your account in the app, quit it (not just closing with the X), open and log in. In most cases this seem to have solved the problem.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, PinkElephant said:

Go to EN settings and remove the checkmark at “Keep data at logout”. Then log out of your account in the app, quit it (not just closing with the X), open and log in. In most cases this seem to have solved the problem.

Works for me! Thank you 😁

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

This is very frustrating! I'm glad I am not the only one seeing this.

I never use the shared with me page. Why create a Home page then not use it as Home. Who would come up with the idea that Shared with me should be the home page.

It's complete nonsense. Please fix it.