evernote windows 10.14.7 continues to open in "Shared with me"

No matter what context I exit from evernote desktop, whenever I launch EV, it goes to the "Shared with me" page even though I have nothing shared and never go to that option purposely.

• Like 3

I still have exact this problem with 10.14.7. Reboot does not help.

The problem does always happen, if I close Evernote with the Windows cross-button on top of the window (right side).

If I close Evernote in menu with File / Exit then I get the last view and not the the "Shared with Me" Page.

Please advise.

• Evernote Expert
44 minutes ago, ju313 said:

I still have exact this problem with 10.14.7. Reboot does not help.

The problem does always happen, if I close Evernote with the Windows cross-button on top of the window (right side).

If I close Evernote in menu with File / Exit then I get the last view and not the the "Shared with Me" Page.

Please advise.

The usual route to resolve these types of issue is a complete uninstall. This should include removing the data and program directories. Then reinstall.

The directories to delete are:

%AppData%\Evernote

%LocalAppData%\Programs\Evernote

Complete reinstall does not help. Same problem as before.

After uninstall (Windows control panel) I deleted the following directories manually:

User \ Evernote

User \ AppData \ Roaming \ Evernote

If I close Evernote with the Windows EXIT button (cross at the right top), Evernote starts next with the last view, but changes very quick (part of a second) to the "Shared with Me" page.

How can the problem be solved?

• Evernote Expert
8 hours ago, ju313 said:

Complete reinstall does not help. Same problem as before.

After uninstall (Windows control panel) I deleted the following directories manually:

User \ Evernote

User \ AppData \ Roaming \ Evernote

If I close Evernote with the Windows EXIT button (cross at the right top), Evernote starts next with the last view, but changes very quick (part of a second) to the "Shared with Me" page.

How can the problem be solved?

You need to remove %AppData%\Evernote and %LocalAppData%\Programs\Evernote

These are c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Evernote  and c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote

Subtly different to what you say you removed.

I did a complete reinstall once more and checked the directories. In addition I run Winoptimizer 19 for registry entries without connection. It doesn't help.

The directory c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Evernote    does not exist (even after installation it does not exist)!

The directory c:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Programs\Evernote  had been deleted with the uninstall process.

I do not believe, that we are on the right track.

For your information: I use the mobile version on my iPad and iphone as well. They always launch with the start page. In the past, they showed the last view.

My desktop version does not launch with the start page (and I don't need that to do). It starts with the last view, but when I exited last time with the Windows Button at the right top, then Evernote changes very quickly and automatically to the "Shared with Me" page.

• Evernote Expert

I'm sorry that you have this issue.  I suggest you open a support ticket.

Since you don't have %AppData%\Evernote - even after installation - there is something unusual about your installation.  This is the standard location for the data files.

Pasting %AppData% in file explorer should take you to the directory where the Evernote directory should reside. If it isn't there then I'm stuck knowing how to advise so the support ticket is the way forward.

I think we are talking at cross purposes.

C:\user\username\appdata    does only have 3 subdiretories in explorer: local, localnow and roaming.  It was never different.

It is not an issue concerning my installation. There are more and more users in this forum, who have the same problem. Please contact the Evernote development department: there is an issue since # 10.14.6.

Nevertheless I would like to open a support ticket (usually this is made by the admins). Please tell me what I need to do. It is really nontransparental.

Thanks.

• Level 5

In the Mac desktop client (I think Win is similar):

Go to Account (information) in one of the menus

The web client opens, with your account 

Top right is your name - click on it and choose „contact support“ from the Dropdown-Menu