Some things that would make the Home Dashboard Useful (That I might consider upgrading if fixed)

As much as I hate the fact that I have to upgrade my account just to "customize" the Home Dashboard, since I have to live with it, maybe you would consider fixing a couple of the widgets so the board would actually be a useful tool.  If there was an "Reminders" widget so I could see all the alerts coming soon, that might be helpful! Why would that not have already been considered?   If there was a way to make a widgets out of specific folders (i.e. ones I use a lot) that might make me like it.  Just makes sense to me, especially if you think "suggesting" notes would be useful (really?)

So, if anyone else thinks these enhancements would improve the Home Dashboard, join this discussion and if we can get this fixed, I would probably be agreeable to almost DOUBLING the amount I currently pay, just to make this adorable-to-look-at-but-totally-disfunctional Home Dashboard something I can live with.

• Like 2
  • CorgiRunner changed the title to Some things that would make the Home Dashboard Useful (That I might consider upgrading if fixed)
5 minutes ago, CorgiRunner said:

adorable-to-look-at-but-totally-disfunctional

Spot on! The HomeDashboard has so much promise but since launch there have been no enhancements or changes at all. During the beta there were loads of really good ideas but since then nothing has happened. I like both your suggestions. I have stripped my Home down to a pinned note, the scratch pad and shortcuts. It doesn't really add anything to what I already have in the sidebar or the system tray so I don't use it. For me simply making the sizing more flexible would massively improve it's functionaility. I don't want to scroll on a dashboard. Why if I double the size of my shortcuts widget do I get icons that are double the size rather than double the number of icons? Similarly I want to expand my pinned note vertically to make the widget more note shaped!

• Like 2

Agreed!  If we have to pay Premium pricing to customize this Home Dashboard, we really should get a lot more flexibility in how to customize it.  I adamantly refuse to upgrade my account until they fix this!

• Like 2
  • Level 5

Home as we see it is an initial release - there are multiple threads in the forum with ideas how to improve it (starting with an option to bypass it on startup …). Hot contenders from what I remember are as well a reminders widget, more than one pinned note and direct editing of the pinned note (let it be a daily to do list).

You could use the feedback function build into your client to feed your ideas directly into EN. No answer, but they promised to read it all, and draw new ideas from the feed.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

This is what I wrote in a discussion about a possible ON/OFF switch for Home Screen.

"You can add a switch to enable or disable Home screen, but please do not remove Home screen. I use it all day long, as a base landing page to access my WIP,  latests notes, active notebooks, searches, favs, ...

This is a great addtion to Evernote."

• Level 5

Personally I am with you - Home is a good place to start using the app. I can accept that other users want to start right away with another view.

I could imagine a switch with ON (as it is today), ONLY ONCE per day at startup and NEVER.

Home will gain as soon as tasks can be integrated as a widget.