How to prevent intrusive update pop-ups

Does anyone know how to prevent EN from controlling my computing interface with their update pop-up? It's happened at truly disruptive times of work Zooms, in the middle of a timely work project, etc. I'm stunned it's happening. I tried to find a way to turn it off, but haven't yet. Can anyone help? Thanks.

• Level 5

Close EN when you want to turn it off - or subscribe.

You are benefiting from a free plan, which means you are using resources without contributing. The reminder is part of the price you pay for this constellation. So quit using it when you have more pressing business, or advance yourself to not be reminded again.

I let my paid subscription lapse when there was the huge style change that discombobulated my EN use (being a visual person), and am having trouble returning to paid when I now have to restart EN so frequently (that glitch that's persisting). Hard for me to start paying again for something that's failing me on 4 counts now as opposed to their prior unimproved versions. Layout accessibility, blank notes, intrusive pop-ups, that change where I have to take a 2nd step to make a title rather than the old way which simply used the beginning of the post.