Web clip search does not seems to work in Evernote Legacy 6.25.2

Go to solution Solved by John in Michigan USA,

Greetings, sorry if this has already addressed, but I have not been able to solve this.

I am a "newish" Evernote user and while I was exploring all its features, I found out you can filter notes by source. This is quite useful for me, because I like to clip a lot of articles for research purposes, but they tend to get mixed with the notes I take from them. Although, when I tried to use this search option, it did not work. For what is worth, I followed the steps from this article, where it says I just need to type source:web.clip into the search bar to do it.

At first I thought it was an issue with the web clipper, but the search seems to work fine in the web version of Evernote, including all of the clippings I have made. Meanwhile, in Legacy, Evernote did not show even a single one of them. I will attach a relevant screenshots below of the search results of each of the platforms.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks in advance!

image.png.fc7c2783a8062d5ec4b655a2a48a5374.png

image.png.0a2c5eb61db75595a26ce8ecb9edbee7.png

• Level 5*

Hi. source:web.clip seems to work fine for me - I got nearly 8,000 hits and the selection I checked were indeed clips.  There are more searches of the same type - 

https://dev.evernote.com/doc/articles/search_grammar.php

source:[string] - matches notes that came from an application or data source that matches the argument string. Not all notes will have a "source" attribute. Standard source attributes queries include:

• source:web.clip - Matches notes that were clipped from a web page using an Evernote Web Clipper
  • source:mail.clip - Matches notes that were clipped from a local mail client
  • source:mail.smtp - Matches notes that were delivered to the service via the email gateway.
  • source:mobile.ios - Matches notes that were created on an iOS client of some form.
  • source:mobile.android - Matches notes that were created on an Android client of some form.
  • source:mobile.* - Matches notes that were created on a mobile client of some form.

12 hours ago, John in Michigan USA said:

Hi @Logariussee if this helps:

Goodness gracious! Thanks! I spent quite some time amount of time trying to figure out how to solve this, and came nowhere near close. Maybe I am not as good at Googling as I thought I was.

For anyone interested, all my clipped notes are available by searching with source:web.* instead of "source:web.clip". I have no idea why, but now the results of the search match those of Evernote's web version.

I am not sure what could have caused this, but maybe it has to do something with me clipping from different web browsers (Firefox and MS Edge). Still, this is quite odd. I even reinstalled the Legacy app and still had this problem.image.png.c46d3e9ce755ee57ed2c5c2a4c013906.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Logarius said:

For anyone interested, all my clipped notes are available by searching with source:web.* instead of "source:web.clip". I have no idea why, but now the results of the search match those of Evernote's web version.

Unfortunately this is another example where the oft cited search grammar documentation has not been kept upto date. I get far more hits using source:web* than source:web.clip. I exported one of the notes that was found in the former but not in the latter and opened the enex file in Notepad++. As you can see the source is web.clip7 which explains it.

image.png.c333cb48c89e823c9a9c99f3c7c4024f.png

Like you the filter for webclips in V10 also gives me the correct results.

• Like 2
On 4/2/2021 at 12:49 AM, Mike P said:

Unfortunately this is another example where the oft cited search grammar documentation has not been kept upto date. I get far more hits using source:web* than source:web.clip. I exported one of the notes that was found in the former but not in the latter and opened the enex file in Notepad++. As you can see the source is web.clip7 which explains it.

image.png.c333cb48c89e823c9a9c99f3c7c4024f.png

Like you the filter for webclips in V10 also gives me the correct results.

Well, that's good to know. I appreciate all the help, and hopefully this information aids someone that has the same problem.

• Like 1