Mind Map in Evernote

Dear All,

First of all, I love Evernote and using it for year now - thanks for helping boosting my organization and productivity.

There is one thing that really helps me when I study for certain subjects which is MINDMAP-ing (http://www.tonybuzan.com/about/mind-mapping/). 

I do this separately on a sheet of paper and then scan it in to have it in mindmap or draw it as a graphic in one of the notes;  however, new information are often added and it evolves over time which makes a rigid scan difficult to adjust. I was wondering if you could implement a mind mapping function so mind maps could be integrated into a note and one can always add new trees or remove them etc. This would be so amazing. 

Pls let me know if that would be possible at all; would be just so helpful and so many ppl are using Mind Map to organise themselves as well as Students and children to study so would be just so helpful

Best,

CJM

• Like 3
  • Level 5

There is already a ton of mind mapping tools out there.

You can use any of it (I am using SimpleMind), and attach the files to an EN note. Personally I think EN should stick to core functions and not try to mimic everything that already exists in numerous apps.

For a visual Mindmap you could use the sketch function build into EN. Best functionality you probably get with an iPad + Apple Pencil. Editing the result is as always with these tools not as simple as in an object oriented mindmapping tool, where you can easily move and reconnect nodes.

• Like 1
  • Level 5*
1 hour ago, christophjmartin@gmail.com said:

implement a mind mapping function

...what @PinkElephant said.  I use Freeplane for mind-mapping and attach JPG views to notes from time to time.  If you check out the menus on your Mapping app - they tend to be rather detailed.  Imagine adding all that to Evernote's menu structure!  

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
  • Level 5*
6 minutes ago, hartman_md said:

What are some current (2024) recommendations for mind-map integrations with Evernote?

There are no 'integrations' as such - I still use Freeplane and just link from Freeplane to Evernote and back as necessary.  Whichever MM app you prefer should do the same.  I'd prefer not to add a whole section of Mindmap options to Evernote menus,  but if you have suggestions - feedback@evernote.com

• Level 5

You can create manual mindmaps using the Sketch feature build into EN. It has a nearly infinite canvas, some basic editing tools and can be created and edited in all clients.

Or attach the file created with one of the many mindmapping solutions available.