Exporting Notes to HTML Standard

Sydney Morgan
Go to solution Solved by DTLow,

Idea

Hello People,

I can not find the option for exporting my written notes to the HTML standard. Is their a reason to exclude the HTML? 

Enex is not a global standard. For a usage in my projects I need this format. 

Is their a possibility to export into text?

I use the WIndows Application, but my question is, is it so for Apple Application too?

Please help me with that issue. I am interrupted by that exclusion to work.

• Like 1

8 replies to this idea

• Level 5

Install the legacy client, it does HTML as well. You just may run into a problem with the 2 devices limit for the Basic plan. In v10 HTML export is currently not supported.

The main difference is not that HTML is a standard, and ENEX is not. In fact many other programs are able to import ENEX-files.

The main difference is that ENEX is used to export a whole notebook, or a selection of notes into one single file - ideal for backup or importing to other programs.

HTML export will create a separate HTML-file for each note exported, and if there are attachments will put them under the HTML header. So with HTML you end up with a lot of little files, containing the information in a global understood structure. But it will be hard to import from there into other apps.

• Level 5*
50 minutes ago, Sydney Morgan said:

I can not find the option for exporting my written notes to the HTML standard. Is their a reason to exclude the HTML? 

I use HTML export for my data backups    
It's an option in the Evernote Legacy product, and we expect/hope to see it implemented in the Version 10 product

Thank you both for the Answer.

Good Idea DTLow, a legacy reverse is a good consideration. Is it possible in the Application integrated to downgrade, or do I need a black market program file?

My answer to you PinkElephant:

Additional Standard is good, but excluding principles, is like excluding vocals of a word. It doesn't make sense to do so in any saine economicaly fashion.

Beeing serious is for reason, that comming back to a policy that is in the balance of growth, a fast implementation of including standards like text or html saves a good future. Consider what you have planned, because people are with their work hanging and building at your system. I can not accept that, for pointing directly to Evernote, the Version can be thought a progress in the term of morality. Where considering the people, it is lost a bit to much weight on. Theifore I call here for an immediate Support Act reversing the porsions in the winmax direction taken.

• Level 5

IMHO there is a basic wrong understanding about what EN does. It is not a page layout program, it is not a text processor, it is not a data processing tool.

There is no need to create a flood of export formats, because EN can’t really provide the content.

Legacy has ENEX to export multiple notes (notebooks), HTML for notes as individual files and (through a working print option) export to pdf. V10 currently only has ENEX, which without doubt is a major shortfall.

If EN v10 gains these legacy features, IMHO the export format issue can be closed.

• Like 1

I agree that ENEX, HTML and PDF would be enough. PDF can be done through printing though. It is not necessary to have it integrated in Evernote.

The other formats would be a plus. I agree, Evernote is not a word processor, but it is a place where a lot of texts are born, which later may need to be edited in a proper word processor. Being able to export to docx and odt would help those people that have such workflow, not everyone knows that Word can import html. 

• Level 5*
15 minutes ago, Pere said:

Evernote is not a word processor, but it is a place where a lot of texts are born, which later may need to be edited in a proper word processor.

I'm not a Word user, but copy/paste works for me

• Like 2