Somehow the latest 10.8 update removed the entire Evernote app from my PC

hanseric
Go to solution Solved by PinkElephant,

Idea

I had v10.x installed. Latest update (released yesterday) asked for permission to update. I let it proceed. Afterwards, no more EN shortcut anywhere on my PC. Just the Legacy app. 

Guess I have to reinstall.  So weird. That's never happened in about 4 decades of Windows use. 

• Like 1

4 replies to this idea

• Level 5
  • Solution

The entry into the start menu is not automatic. The installer needs to do it as an extra step, which can be deactivated as well.

Maybe it was missing from the installer, or you disabled it accidentally when removing one of the many checkmarks that appear during an install.

• Thanks 1

I was about to say it's missing again (after I had re-installed it again yesterday). But it is on my PC and I managed to get it to run. But it's odd because Windows Start doesn't have an icon for it.  I was only able to run it by using Windows and typing Evernote.  🤔

2021-03-12_12-20-41.png

3 minutes ago, PinkElephant said:

The entry into the start menu is not automatic. The installer needs to do it as an extra step, which can be deactivated as well.

Maybe it was missing from the installer, or you disabled it accidentally when removing one of the many checkmarks that appear during an install.

Works for me. I'm going to go with that as the explanation. Thanks!

• Like 1