Please Return the full page All Tags view

Jeffdavis

Idea

The full list of Tags is only available as a narrow column pop out.  

I have based my whole Evernote experience around nesting tags and it is tedious and try to move Tags around when you have to constantly scroll trough the list. 

Can we please have back the All Tags view in a full window.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

10 replies to this idea

• Level 5

There is no WHY. It is gone, since 3 years.

If you find out now, you maybe should have switched earlier, and help to push for it. It was probably personally very comfortable to stick with the unsupported old version, and let others claim for features. OK now, there you are, and now you ask other users for the WHY.

You have my answer.

P.S. This is the one page I do miss as well from legacy. You can do without, but not would be better to have it, no doubt.

On 2/14/2024 at 4:20 AM, Helma Hassan said:

I have also based my entire experience using Evernote with the tag full view to organize and stack tags. WHY is it gone now??

I've no idea why it has gone. In another thread somebody pointed out that you can use the pop out tags list and the sidebar tags list together. So you can drag a tag from one list to the other to reposition it within the hierarchy. I find this functionaility really useful and it does compensate to a large extent for the lack of a full screen view.

• Thanks 1

I've been using Evernote for over 8 years now and I was also very disappointed about the new Tag view. The previous one with a full page (especially from mac) was very useful to have control on my whole tag structure and also reviewing and updating it. It was easy to select everything and copy paste and eventually restructure /  delete tags obsolete linked to old projects. It would be good to have at least an option -> Export Tags.

Could the developers implement that?
(Considering how much we pay nowadays for this app?)

2 minutes ago, Graz said:

It would be good to have at least an option -> Export Tags.

As a work around there is a trick to export tags which works if you have a tag hierarchy without too many top level tags. Select each top level tag and use the down arrow to reveal the sub-tags. These can be selected and cop[ied (unlike any of the other tags hierarchy views). You can then paste into your application of choice. Unfortunately you probably won't get the hierarchy (although pasting into Excel does seem to preserve some of it).

Hi Mike, Thanks for your prompt reply.
I've tried to do that in the past but I have a huge (and nested) tag structure as I use Evernote both for work and my personal life admin. 
It is quite time consuming having to do that. Before it was easier.